Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Cap'n

I too have just started using PD8 just about a week ago and I have had no issues (fingers crossed) doing my first simple project except with using downloaded menus from Director Zone. I've found a work around though from someone on this forum by pretending to edit the file

I am still fumbling through PD8 but I'll get there

Rgds
Patrick
Thanks Tony.

I'll have another bash at the video to see if i missed something.

Rgds
Pat
Thanks Tony.

With this particular project, I am hoping to be able to select each item separately via the menu as I am distributing to a few other parents. I've got 1 slideshow and possibly 2 videos.

To be able to select to view the slideshow or any of the 2 videos, for the videos do I have to create them as new pd8 files then add them to the dvd menu?

I can see tutorial videos of 1 file but I cannot find tutorials on how to have 2 videos.

In the old slideshow software I used, I needed to create the videos as a separate file, then add them to the show but not sure how I cna achieve this with PD8.

Thanks
Pat
I am about to start another project - my eldest daughter's graduation.

I will do a slideshow. I then have 2 sets of videos. 1st set was filed at home and the other was filmed at the reception. I'd like to put all three into 1 dvd. If I select a dvd menu with 3 selections, how do I assign say the slideshow, then the pre-formal video and lastly the formal party? Do I need chapters?

The tutorial videos are in French or German and I cant find one in Englosh which touches this topic.

I would also like to add credits. The old software I used, I could simply add a blank slide and then work on that slide for closing credits. How do I do this in PD8?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Rgds
Patrick
Quote: What browser are you using?

Hi Barry

Firefox 3.5

I read somewhere to try selecting 'Open' instead of 'Save'. Might give it a go tonight.

Rgds
Patrick

Hi

Are there detailed instructions on how to get DVD menus etc download from Director Zone working in PD8?

I've tried downloading several dvd menus and a few titles. Double click them and I get message installation is ok and ready to use in PD8. I look at the Menu Preference and nothing is there. I refresh the page and I see a rectangle blank box with the text of the dloaded menu but nothng works.

Rgds
Patrick

Last night I successfully burned a dvd of my Mom's 70th. I've not played the entire dvd so I don't know yet if all is ok.

One thing that bothers me though burning the dvd direct from PD8. My entire project was only 718mb. I contains 17 jpgs, 1 mp3 (2 mins) for background track and 4-5 short clips of video in one continuous play. Burning the dvd took 1 hr & 12 mins. Is this normal? I've got a quad core PC & 4gig ram and nothing running in the background.

Would rendering the project to the harddrive then burn via a stand alone burning software yield faster results?

I also had alot of trouble using 16:9 menus downloaded from Director Zone. I downloaded the MGM menu onto my desktop. I had PD8 open. I double-clicked the file and a messager displayed that this file ro be used buy some of the Cyberlink software etc. I clicked ok and another message telling me the file was correctly install and can be used or something to that ilk.

Since PD8 was opened, I selcted the Menu Preference tab and I caould not see the MGM menu. I hit the 'refresh' button on the right I see the MGM menu but a blank rectangle. It had the text 'MGM' under the icon so I know it was the MGM menu. I clicked that menu but nothing happened. I read on other threads that getting the menu to work properly is a hit and miss thing. Must change file extension etc but the message I got was that the menu was installed correctly and could be used immediately. I gave up after a few tries and used one of the 3 samples that came with PD8. Am I missing a step or 2?

Another question I'd like to ask is if I want to render to a file then use 3rd party software to burn or stream tht file, what feature do I use?

Do I output to a file via the produce window or when I am in the Create Disc window but only select to burn the project to a folder?

Many Thanks
Patrick

Quote:
If your intent is to create a DVD that is playable in a stand alone DVD player then you need a given format to achieve that. For this, there is no reason to Produce at all.
Jeff

Ah, so the Produce Window is just used to output to a certain file type, upload to flickr, youtube etc. Understood.

I thought it was a workflow I had to follow...

Rgds
Patrick
Quote: Patrick

It's not real clear what you are trying to do, or at least I'm confused. I’m not sure if you want an iso image of a file, a DVD formatted folder or exactly what, how and where you want to play this iso image. But save your time looking, PD8 does not have an iso image create feature.

Jeff

Jeff

I understand I can burn dvd directly from PD8. I've come across many software which says can burn dvd within the program but I choose not to for stability purpose.

With Proshow gold (slideshow program), I create an ISO image of my slideshow, then use Nero to burn the image into a dvd.

I think Kevin or Tony mentioned that there is an option in PD8 to burn ISO image. Maybe I misread somewhere. If cannot, it's not a problem. I can certainly burn direct to dvd within PD8.

So, if I opt to burn direct to dvd, I do not have to worry about any selection of file type in the Produce window? Only use this window if I want to output into a file so I can stream via a media player? Correct?

What do I do then if I opt not to burn now but put into a folder so I can burn later via a 3rd party software i.e. Nero?

Rgds
PAt
Quote:

Patrick - the format you select should be governed by what you intend to do with the file... DVD? Media Player? Stream ON THE INTERNET? YouTube?

Cheers - Tony

Tony, so you're saying that in the Produce Window, I should select MPG2?

Rgds
Thanks Gentlemen

I will try tonight.

Another question I have is when I am in the Produce Window, I need to select a file type i.e. avi, mpg 2 etc. Do I need to select mpg2 as I am going to burn to an image iso? At the preent moment, I have not dug deep enough to find the ISO option.

Rgds
Patrick
I had success creating my 1st slideshow via PD8 via the slideshow feature. I've added background music to the 17 pictures, then added the videos to the storyboard after the slideshow.

I am still learning. I selected the 3D slideshow but I've not produced it yet. Can I change the slideshow style at this stage and how do I do this without affecting anything else, especially the background music? My wife feels with the 3D slideshow the pictures are cropped to fit the floating frames and she's got a point

Another question I have is the checkbox split screen where I can see the before/after adjustments. 2 days ago while I was enhancing the pics/videos for the 1st time, I could see the split screen. I've applied changes to all. Yesterday, I attempted to make further changes or just unchecking some of the other enhance boxes, my screen did not split even when I had the spilt box ticked. I am concluding that I already made changes and I cannot make changes over changes?
Many Thanks
Patrick
Ok. Thanks Tony.

I use Proshow Gold for many years for my slideshows and I can add videos too to the newer build.

Problem with Proshsow Gold is that it does not recognised '.mod' files as is without having to rename.

I'll perservere with PD8

Rgds
Patrick

Thanks Kevin and Tony

In my project, I did not create a slideshow. What I did was simply add the 17 pictures into the storyboard, followed by several videos. Shoud I create a slideshow first?

I went into the Production Room and played the preview and the pictures played first with the selected transitions followed immediately by the videos.

How do I adjust the audio to fit the length of the pictures? Option 2 from Kevin?

I am trying to add background music for those 17 pictures only.

Thanks
Patrick
Hi

How do I trim or adjust a track to match only the 17 pictures I have prior to the video?

Rgds
Pat
Quote: Common question.

You can adjust the preview quality using one of the buttons under the preview window. Its a rectangle with a solid rectangle inside it.

check it out.

Thank You.

I'll check it out tonight.

Rgds
Patrick
Hi

I just started using PD8 and am abit disappointed at the quality of pictures and videos in the preview window.

Pls let me elaborate. I have taken pictures and videos of my Mom's 70th birthday on Saturday. The pictures are fantastic as I am a hobbyiest photographer. Videos are ok when viewded through the LCD via the JVC Enverio HDD recorder.

I imported all the pictures and videos. I drag them into the storyboard so i have pictures 1st then the videos in this project. In the Edit room and the Production room, when I view the pics and videos, the pictures are blurry and colours are washed out and so are the videos. I am hoping this is just the quality of the previews but not any indication of how my final results will be. I've searched around but I cannot find the answer.

I too would to know how to I trim or adjust a track to sync with the picture slideshow only. I had a read of the manual and it's quite unclear.

Any direction would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks & Rgds
Patrick
Go to: