Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Help Suggestion with project.
Patrick [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Sydney, Australia Joined: Nov 24, 2009 17:04 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
I am about to start another project - my eldest daughter's graduation.

I will do a slideshow. I then have 2 sets of videos. 1st set was filed at home and the other was filmed at the reception. I'd like to put all three into 1 dvd. If I select a dvd menu with 3 selections, how do I assign say the slideshow, then the pre-formal video and lastly the formal party? Do I need chapters?

The tutorial videos are in French or German and I cant find one in Englosh which touches this topic.

I would also like to add credits. The old software I used, I could simply add a blank slide and then work on that slide for closing credits. How do I do this in PD8?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Rgds
Patrick

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 28. 2009 01:02

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Patrick -

Even though Dafydd's tutorial on DVD Authoring is done with a Welsh lilt, it's quite easy to understand http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJMYmFNWLjo

The simplest, most pain free thing to do (I know 'cos I do it a lot) is put all the elements in the timeline (sometimes with fades in and out of black between each) in the order you wish.

If you want to just stick the DVD in and watch it, leave out the menu (select No Menu and apply to all pages)

At the beginning - pop in a colour board or still image & overlay any titles you want.

At the end - do the same thing as above for credits.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Patrick [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Sydney, Australia Joined: Nov 24, 2009 17:04 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Tony.

With this particular project, I am hoping to be able to select each item separately via the menu as I am distributing to a few other parents. I've got 1 slideshow and possibly 2 videos.

To be able to select to view the slideshow or any of the 2 videos, for the videos do I have to create them as new pd8 files then add them to the dvd menu?

I can see tutorial videos of 1 file but I cannot find tutorials on how to have 2 videos.

In the old slideshow software I used, I needed to create the videos as a separate file, then add them to the show but not sure how I cna achieve this with PD8.

Thanks
Pat
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd's video tutorial will explain it all... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJMYmFNWLjo

PD8 is pretty flexible in what you can do with menu structure.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 29. 2009 12:03

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Patrick [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Tony.

I'll have another bash at the video to see if i missed something.

Rgds
Pat