Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Permanent Folders
Bill-ATL [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 02, 2009 19:29 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I notice when I add a custom folder in the Media Room section, it goes away whenever I start a new project (it's saved with the project itself). I'd like to create folders that would be available for all projects, e.g., Logos, Rating System Images, etc.

It would be a pain to add the same files to 10 different projects - 10 different times. Is there a way I can have these folders appear for all new projects?

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Bill -

I guess your experience of pain is limited... anyay - easy to do.

1. Open a new project
2. Import your media and set up your folder.
3. Save project as (say) "Bill_Media" (if you like you can also save it as Bill_Media_1, Bill_Media_2 etc)
4. Close it
5. Whenever you start a new project, begin by opening "Bill_Media" and work from there.

Another option is to open a new project, then immediately open "Bill_Media" and opt to merge the files.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 15. 2009 12:29

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
Tony's method is the best method I have come across.

There is a feature in which you might be interested that you can use in addition to Tony's method. On my screen there's a button that's hidden and I have to resize the preview monitor until the button is revealed. The pop-up tip for that button says "Manage your media libraries." On the default screen layout, the button is just to the left of the preview monitor and above the media room. You can import, export, and empty libraries.

When you import a library, you can merge them with the current library. Then you can export that whole bunch to a new library file, for example. If there's a way to make a library a default library, I don't know what it is. At least you can import different library configurations in one shot.

You can also add images to the SampleClips subfolder where you installed PowerDirector. They will be read in each time you start a new project if you have the option in preferences turned on to read the sample clips. Note that you can't add your own folders in the SampleClips subfolder, just single files. I know that JPEG files work. Other media types may work, but I haven't tried them. Gateway DX4380, AMD A8-5500 Quad Core 3.2GHz with ATI Radeon HD 7560D; 16GB RAM; 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM; Windows 8 Pro 64-bit; PDR11, PDVD12.