Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
The end product, wether I use PP or PD, is pretty much the same format. PD just gives you some more advanced functionality (well it used to). There is no reason why PD8 couldn't save the original pics to the disc just as PP5 still does. I can actaully do more & faster with PP5, now, than I can with PD8 (minus some nice effects).

PD5 comes with PD Express 3.5 built in, with that package there isn't much I could't do that PD8 does, especially now they are taking features away. It's actaully a much nicer package the way PP5's Advanced Editing Button opens PDE3.5 and allows you to work seemlessly on a project (for a while, I never knew I was actually leaving PP5 and entering PDE3.5. Besides making some fancy PiP or some nice effects, the PP5/PDE3.5 seems much more intergrated and gives the user more common options.

I often wonder why they make so many countless programs that focus a little more towards one area than another. Why not just junk them all and make one mack-daddy program to do it all. I bought PP5 and PP8, after installing I have over 6 programs from this company and others even including Apple. Why? I can't even stop them from installing? I don't what a load of junk, I thought I paid for a good, stable, and matured program. Yet Cyberlink seems to be taking steps backwards by taking options away from the users.

I'd go back to the other, but none of the PD8's files are backwards compadiable. Why do they want to develope the PowerXxxxx Series? Why not just make the Cyberlink Mack-Daddy for $129, why, because this way makes more money...

Football clips, mostly 6-15 seconds, the chapters make it very easy to restart the play several times in a row from the same location. Is there another way?
Yes, another poor descision by Cyberlink. Once it downloads a few ads, there's now way to get ride of them???

Definitianly trail version junk... This program works about as good as a trail program, maybe even a Microsoft Beta...

You guys need to get back to the drawing board and release a patch to few many of the users concerns that keep poping up. You can't issue updated software and eliminate basic features or add junk like this...
Why can't PD8 save the original pictures to the disc, PowerProducer5 (PP5) can do it? Seems like a simple option to add back in.

PD8 can't disable the menu thumbnail motion? This was an old user setting option (disable thumb motion). Now we're forced to have very long burn times when there is a lot of chapters, now causing crashes, lockups, and more problems...

I thought this program was the answer to all? It seems like an upgrade that took things away, maybe just a downgrade?

I've never had so many problems tring to burn in my life. I wish I could go back to ver 3, but it won't work on the new windows. I could do more with less...

I didn't pay good money to look at advertisments poping up on the screen, give me a break, are you for real, no way to disable it...

The deeper I get into the program, the worse it seems to get, I hope there isn't more features taken away and more junk added...
SUMMARY:
PD8 poorly supports projectes with multiple chapters and leads to failed burns to disc and/or folders. PD8 does not support creating a disc without motion menu thumbnails, thus it leads to extended burn times and unpredictiable failures. We need the option that has been in all previous version back in the users setting immediatly. I persoanlly like the motion menus, but would like to see an additional option added to the old one that would allow motion only on the main menus (titles) and all sub menus (chapters) disabled. PLEASE ADD A SETTING TO ALLOW DISABLING OF ALL MOTION MENUS AND ANOTHER SETTING TO ONLY ALLOW MAIN MENU MOTION.

PROBLEM DETAILS:
I am unable to burn my projects to the folder or disc options, everything seems to run good, and it even gives me a successful burn messages, but the burnt folder only contains some of the files in the VIDEO_TS and the AUDIO_TS folder is totally missing. Every attempt to burn gives me a different result, sometimes just an empty folder. I have cleaned all the temp files & defragged my hard drive, & have nearly 900Gig of drive empty, and am only running PD8, no other programs. I recently uninstalled the entire suite and reinstalled, same results. The burn takes a long time and occasionally will hang and quit at 1-20%, when it does complete, the folder is invalid and missing files. Small projects work fine, but larger projects take a long time and randomly fail at different points or lock up. I DO have the latest patch installed.

***UPDATE*** The current project that keeps failing has a lot of chapters (maybe 150+), I know the old PD7 version used to tell you what it was doing, and the first 20% was typically creating the motion menu thumbnails. Thus it appears to be failing randomly during the creation of the motion thumbs. I went in to my project and deleted all the chapters, except the main ones for each title section. Thus the burn time dropped from 60+ minutes to under 10 minutes and the burn to a folder was successful with all data written.

Unlike past versions of Power Director, PD8 does not have an option disable the creation of motion menus, thus projects with a lot of chapters take forever to burn and it appears to lead to unpredictable failures. What can be done to speed up and improve burns with a lot of chapters? We need a way to disable the motion thumbnail feature like on past versions or the software needs some work to support many chapters better.
Nothing...
PD8 doesn't seem to have a option to disable the animated thumbnails, thus burn times are excessive. I used to be able to diable in previous version to make a fast burn, but no longer.

I'm tring to figure out what some of the preferences actual do:

-Enable File Processing to Speed High Definition Video, General Tab, I selected it and my output video was very clear, photos filled the screen at 16x9, but all videos (not actaull recorded in HD) were shrunk down on the height, but I had full width on the tv. So does this just force out to be in HD, thus any video imported thats not HD will appear smaller?

-Enable animated Interface, when unchecked, it renders my burn files to a folder unusable when I try to copy the folder to a disc with PP5.

-Reduce Video Blocky Artifacts (Intel SSE4 Optimized), does it just clean up the video at a price for longer initial burn/production time?

-Add Thumbnail Index (Menu Option), no idea what that does, I get an index wether its on or not.
I had a similar problem with PP5. I burt it to a folder and after it failed I opened the last video file it created and found out what clip was the last recorded. I then went in and deleted that clip from the project and it burnt fine, then later went in and added it back in and all was fine. Somehow the file was corrupt, the original video file was ok, but something with that files info in the PP5 file was bad, by removing it and readding it it clear it up.
It is sad they left this option out, I make a lot of discs with a lot of chapters, and not being able to turn this feature off causes the burn time to be very excessive.

I thought the "Enable animated Interface" in the editing preferences was the option to turn the motion menus off, but when I deselect this option, I end up with unuasable burnt folder that takes nearly an hour to make.

I can't believe they would leave this option out...

What does the "Enable animated Interface" do??? Also, what does the "SSE4" option do, just better quality final product?
Go to: