Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Animated Menus/Thumbnails & Making Faster Burns
Jim May
Newbie Location: Buffalo, NY Joined: Aug 29, 2009 00:47 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
PD8 doesn't seem to have a option to disable the animated thumbnails, thus burn times are excessive. I used to be able to diable in previous version to make a fast burn, but no longer.

I'm tring to figure out what some of the preferences actual do:

-Enable File Processing to Speed High Definition Video, General Tab, I selected it and my output video was very clear, photos filled the screen at 16x9, but all videos (not actaull recorded in HD) were shrunk down on the height, but I had full width on the tv. So does this just force out to be in HD, thus any video imported thats not HD will appear smaller?

-Enable animated Interface, when unchecked, it renders my burn files to a folder unusable when I try to copy the folder to a disc with PP5.

-Reduce Video Blocky Artifacts (Intel SSE4 Optimized), does it just clean up the video at a price for longer initial burn/production time?

-Add Thumbnail Index (Menu Option), no idea what that does, I get an index wether its on or not.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jim -

About the thumbnails, you're already familiar with Jeff's findings posted here http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7491.page - as you know, that issue is with CyberLink R&D now.

From you descriptions of other issues arising from selections in Preferences, it's difficult to say what caused the effect you got without greater detail of the steps you took, clip format/profile etc.

At the moment, I'm just going: "Huh?" - more information would help.

Cheers - Tony

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!