Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sorry about that. I changed it so it can be viewed.
That was my first thought. Is this what we are talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gsf_CkccRBs&feature=youtu.be
Thanks, Now I understand... I get lost from time to time.

Walter
I don't quite understand the questions and answers.. Point me in the right direction..

I did a clean install on another drive and yes it is 64bit. I have Windows 7 on my other drive, but find that I don't use it any more.
I did a clean install with Windows 8 and both are 64bit.
Yes, I am from the south. I was born in Savannah, Georgia and lived there for a number of years. I live now near Orlando, Florida.

Walter
I use Windows 8 as my main OS and have no problem with Power Director 10. I use it every day and find it to be very smooth. I use HD files all of the time and it works very good.

If you are interested in a peek at Windows 8 with PD 10 and other features see this video I made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slSX_vCJM6w
Never mind. I found the fix for the registry change...
There was a registry fix for preview window not being recorded in the Video Capture Software i.e. Debut. I have looked in the search but can't find it anymore. I am using Windows 8 but it should work like Windows 7.
Carl had the answer for me a while back in Windows 7. I believe Tony had the original fix.
Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance.

Walter
PIP or not, I loved your video. It told a story of your love for animals who depend on us as humans to protect them.

Walter
It seems to be a lot smoother and faster than Windows 7.
Very stable....
I will be running some more through tests when I get the time.
Just for the record, Power Director 10 seems to be much smoother and faster in the latest beta Windows 8 64 bit (build 8400) released a couple of days ago.
I have been using it for a few days from Microsoft TechNet download and it really seems a lot faster and have yet to get it to crash using HD files working it very hard...
This release from Microsoft will be close to the final version coming in October(we hope)...
I for one could care less about titles. A simple title for a video is all you need. Most people care very little about the title of a project. The end result of the video is the important thing.
A lot of the members on this forum volunteer their time and knowledge and rarely get any thanks. I don't post a lot on this forum, but I have got a lot of ideas here and hold all the members in high regard.
None of these members are working for Cyberlink and only try to help other members, and when I see a fellow American expressing his free speach, as if all of the members from different countries don't have the same freedom it disturbs me.
Tony is one of the most valued members on this forum and I have learned a lot from him as with other members.
I try to be nice to everyone and hope that the rest of the world feel the same.

Walter
I always do a part 1 and part 2 breaking the video in a good spot and instructing the viewer at the end of part 1 to please insert another disc for part 2. Insert a little title at the end of part 1 to make it more professional.
I have a AG-HMC40 Panasonic camera and my method is to simply take the SDHC card out of the camera and use a USB SD card reader and copy and paste the videos or photos to a file on my desktop where I can name them or delete the ones I don't want.
I can then put them in a folder on another hard drive.
I don't think I have ever used the software that came with my camera for copying or viewing the files from my camcorder connection.
You can locate the files as Tony suggested to find the files on the USB adaptor.
My sister has a Mac and using Final Cut Pro. We were comparing the quality of videos she made and edited in Final Cut and I see very little difference in her videos in the un-rendered version and mine edited in Power Director.
For the price difference in and IMac and Final Cut Pro I don't see the advantage for me as I am on a budget.
There are some advantages in using a Final Cut, but for me I don't see that much difference.
I have been using Power Director for years and have been very happy with the product.
This is an example of a video uploaded to Youtube and edited with rendered with Power Director. The original video is much better, but Youtube has improved on their video rendering I think.
Watch this test I made comparing her Final Cut and Power Director.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rVjkpYIXzI
If you really won't to know how you can do beautiful things in Power Director, watch Nina's video, Touching Frost, listed above on her Youtube channel. Just click on her channel above and watch or click below,

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=60johnin#p/u/0/Jqeg6apO81U
Carl,
You saved my day! I just got in from my hike here in sunny Florida and saw your answer to my question and did what you said and my problem is now solved. Thank you very much!!!
It worked for NCH Debut and Camtasia programs. Again, thank you.
And thanks to Tony.
I have tried NCH Debut & Camtasia video screen capture software and both will not capture the preview window when playing a video file in PD10. The rest of the capture is OK, just the preview screen window. The screen is black.
Microsoft Expression works OK. Has anyone come up with a solution for this problem?
I have a sister that I need to teach to use PD10 who lives in another state. Please help!
What kind of camcorder are you using? What profile does the camcorder shoot in? Are you using a Bluray player to watch the DVD on your TV? If you can supply some more information, then I think some of the members can give you some good advise.
Never mind. I have got it sorted out.
I noticed this also. Must be by design. I work around this by inserting another title and then move it.
Go to: