Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I apologize for being an idiot.... RE: Pip's
crazydoglady [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Arizona Joined: Jun 02, 2012 13:44 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Ihave read the book, watched tutorials, searched the forums.... and the 'answers' are so above my head, and as a representative not so computer bright person, seem to be directed at people with significantly more background knowlesge than me. Sorry if i am too stupid to understand...

What I need is instruction on how to create a Pip. I want to have 5 of my own photos move onto the screen. and remain briefly showing them all.

Assume I don't know what a SVRT, DZP or any of the other computer acronyms are (actually, I don't know what they are :roll.

Just need to know, plain and simple, explained as if you were trying to teach it to a dog.

Would also be interested in a very patient guru if someone can put up with PM's asking my amateur questions.

OOps, almost forgot. I am using PowerDirector 10 Ultra.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 02. 2012 14:08

James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Well SVRT= smart Video rendering technology, DZp= director Zone (?) these are templates upload to Director zone and can be downloaded to Power Director for use in your projects. As for Pip objects they are Transparent type images that can be manipulated within tracks for various functions, and contain a transparent section where other images show through the transparent area. (hope that explains them).
Jim
[Thumb - PP_Frame.png]
 Filename
PP_Frame.png
[Disk]
 Description
pip Object
 Filesize
104 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
307 time(s)
[Thumb - Gavin#d dino.png]
 Filename
Gavin#d dino.png
[Disk]
 Description
pip with back ground simulation
 Filesize
421 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
316 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 02. 2012 14:42

Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
crazydoglady [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK.... I took a template for a pip object from the library that came with the program... but how do I insert my pictures on it?

Believe it or not.... this 1 thing is all I need to do to finish my first movie

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 02. 2012 14:57

vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Put your images in track 1, your PiP object in 2.

There is an order of viewing precedence. Track 1 will be overlaid by Track 2, tracks 1 and 2 by track 3 etc etc. Therefore the transparent parts of the PiP object in track 2 will allow the pictures in track 1 to show through.

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
[Deleted, I misunderstood what you wanted. - JS]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 02. 2012 16:25

Jerry Schwartz
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi crazydoglady -

You asked "but how do I insert my pictures on it?"

The first thing you need to do is make the background of your images transparent. If you don't your image will appear as a block. All the PiP templates have transparent backgrounds. Once your image is prepared, you can import it into PD or make your own template.

This is the craziest looking dog I could find in a hurry...

Here's a tutorial about how to do that... http://youtu.be/6OLKfRILqBM

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 02. 2012 20:48

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
crazydoglady [Avatar]
[Post New]
You guys are AWSOME! I had to get the movie done without the pip because I am running out of time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8Fl75aio8o

Will be studying up on all the great PIP advice when my brain clears!
twincitybulldog
Senior Member Location: Winter Haven, Florida "Home of Legoland" Joined: Aug 03, 2009 14:59 Messages: 159 Offline
[Post New]
PIP or not, I loved your video. It told a story of your love for animals who depend on us as humans to protect them.

Walter

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 02. 2012 21:44

Windows 8 Pro 64bit
Cameras. Panasonic AG-HMC40, GoPro Hero 3 Black
Edition.
Dave456
Senior Member Location: Youngstown, Ohio Joined: Oct 30, 2010 06:46 Messages: 280 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for sharing your excellent dog video, hope you get your Jungle Gym.... HP Envy 17
Win10 Pro (64-bit) Intel i7 Core - 4510U @ 2.00GHz 2.60GHz
16GB ram
PowerDirector 11 Ultra 64-bit ver. 11.0.0.3625
Cyberlink Power2Go Deluxe 7.0.0.1827
PowerShot SX40HS
Canon Vixia
babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
Nice to see your love for animals. You are doing a great great job and the video looks nice too ! PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080

CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Great video - thanks for sharing Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

crazydoglady [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm back! and trying again.. if I am understanding this response to my post, I need to make the image backgrounds transparent in another program then import to CyberLink?

Quote: Hi crazydoglady -

You asked "but how do I insert my pictures on it?"

The first thing you need to do is make the background of your images transparent. If you don't your image will appear as a block. All the PiP templates have transparent backgrounds. Once your image is prepared, you can import it into PD or make your own template.

This is the craziest looking dog I could find in a hurry...

Here's a tutorial about how to do that... http://youtu.be/6OLKfRILqBM

Cheers - Tony
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I'm back! and trying again.. if I am understanding this response to my post, I need to make the image backgrounds transparent in another program then import to CyberLink?

Yes

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 07. 2012 21:51

Jerry Schwartz
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I need to make the image backgrounds transparent in another program then import to CyberLink?

Hi crazydoglady,

I think we may be getting side-tracked here a bit, by mixing the term PIP Object, with the simple concept of the Picture In Picture (PIP) effect. Where perhaps a quarter sized photo appears to be layered on top of other media also playing your screen.

In your initial post, you wrote:
I want to have 5 of my own photos move onto the screen. and remain briefly showing them all.

No, you do not have to remove or make the background transparent to have a whole photo, of say a family re-union, slide on to the screen and remain for there a few seconds, on top of your running video clip, and then slide off or fade out.
You don’t have make Aunt Eunice and Uncle Bob transparent, to have various images of various sizes float around your screen, in layers.

Only if you want a specific Object in a photo to display, then this object in the photo must be isolated and modified to be a PIP Object. You would do this in a photo editing app to create a PIP Object with a transparent background, so that only the Object you want (that is in a photo), displays and floats around the screen.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jun 07. 2012 22:55

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips