Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
EDIT:
I want a single-color background, no animation (doesn't seem possible)? How do I do that? I've tried adding a fullscreen image but it keeps getting transparent and animated with the default background animation.

Can not be done. PD always uses an animated menu.

That's pretty stupid.
I'm quite new to PD9 so excuse me if this is a basic question..

Assume I want to create a Blu-ray disc with FullHD clips.. The menu it creates by default seems to contain a root menu and one scene-menu.
I don't want a root-menu but only the scene-menu. My disc will be full of different clips and I don't one extra click to get to the scene-menu, I want the clips on the first menu, if you get what I mean.
All templates I've checked out on directors zone, looks almost the same, one root-menu and one scene-menu. Is this a limitation of some sort?
Hints anyone?

EDIT:
I want a single-color background, no animation (doesn't seem possible)? How do I do that? I've tried adding a fullscreen image but it keeps getting transparent and animated with the default background animation.
I tried capturing VHS a few years ago (not with PD but anyway).. There might be several reasons for dropping frames. Some ideas might be:
* Your computer isn't fast enough.
* Are you encoding the capture in realtime using a codec that's too much for your computer to handle?
* You've got a bad source. An old VHS-tape could prove difficult to capture depending on the quality of the hardware of your capture-device.

My hint is, for capturing VHS-stuff, is to use a DVD-recorder actually, and then transfer it to the computer. Some DVD-recorders (Pioneer comes to mind) have a TBC (time base corrector) that does wonders with old VHS-recordings. It saved me alot of trouble anyway.
Seems promising, but do I understand correctly.. When rendering 24Mbps AVCHD files, SVRT doesn't work, but when rendering 18Mbps it does?
That is good news!
PD7 had a very odd limitation for AVCHD/Blu-ray clips at around 18Mps and I was hoping for this stupid limitation was removed in PD8 but it's still there!
Why?
I want to export blu-ray compliant clips at 24Mbps or even 30Mbps but the program obviously won't allow me.
My camcorder outputs 24Mbps 1920x1080 at 50i, and of course I want the best quality (I was hoping for the SVRT technology aswell) after editing, but encoding at 17Mbps is just not an option.
Is there a way around this?
Is the smart encoding different in PD8 compared to PD7?
I've been importing my high quality 1080i AVC clips from my Canon HF200 in PD7.. However when saving the final movie, even on highest bitrate (MPEG4 AVC), the quality is not near the source-quality. Lots of macroblocking results in a blurry image.
For some reason the max bitrate is like 14Mbits, is there a way of bypassing this? Perhaps AVCHD-discs have a 14Mbit limitation but I thought BD-discs could have higher bitrate, (which I've also tried using "create disc"), but it also seems to suffer from this issue.

Thanks for any help/hints

EDIT: A weird thing is, even if I decrease the output resolution (1440, or even lower), the macroblocking is still there (and it's not on the original).
Go to: