Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD7 AVC bitrate issues
oRBIT2002 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 02, 2009 09:23 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
I've been importing my high quality 1080i AVC clips from my Canon HF200 in PD7.. However when saving the final movie, even on highest bitrate (MPEG4 AVC), the quality is not near the source-quality. Lots of macroblocking results in a blurry image.
For some reason the max bitrate is like 14Mbits, is there a way of bypassing this? Perhaps AVCHD-discs have a 14Mbit limitation but I thought BD-discs could have higher bitrate, (which I've also tried using "create disc"), but it also seems to suffer from this issue.

Thanks for any help/hints

EDIT: A weird thing is, even if I decrease the output resolution (1440, or even lower), the macroblocking is still there (and it's not on the original).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 02. 2009 09:50

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Morgan -

Yes - it's a serious limitation & some of us are hoping that it wil be improved in the upcoming release of PD8.

It's an issue quite well discussed in theis forum... if you use the "Search" option at the top you'll find lots. Here are two I just found...

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7230.page
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/5480.page

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Morgan, glad to see you joined the party. Trust me, your not alone. On a positive note, the MPEG2 BD profile does a good job if you can live with the bigger file sizes. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT