Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
"Create disc" in PD9 menu "problems"
oRBIT2002 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 02, 2009 09:23 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
I'm quite new to PD9 so excuse me if this is a basic question..

Assume I want to create a Blu-ray disc with FullHD clips.. The menu it creates by default seems to contain a root menu and one scene-menu.
I don't want a root-menu but only the scene-menu. My disc will be full of different clips and I don't one extra click to get to the scene-menu, I want the clips on the first menu, if you get what I mean.
All templates I've checked out on directors zone, looks almost the same, one root-menu and one scene-menu. Is this a limitation of some sort?
Hints anyone?

EDIT:
I want a single-color background, no animation (doesn't seem possible)? How do I do that? I've tried adding a fullscreen image but it keeps getting transparent and animated with the default background animation.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 09. 2011 13:52

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
The Menu system in Power Director is what it is.

PD always makes a Root menu and a Scenes menu.
Except when there is only one chapter and no subtitles.

The Root Menu contains one to three items, depending on your project configuration.

If you have more than one chapter you have a Scenes Menu.
If you have Subtitles you have a Subtitles item. And you selected to make subtitles for a DVD/BluRay.

If you add another video or project in the Create Disk module, you get a Scenes item.

If you do not have more that one chapter and you have not added another Video in Create Disk, you do not have Scenes.
If you do not have subtitles, you do not have Subtitle.

Lots of conditions of how the menu works in PowerDirector.

EDIT:
I want a single-color background, no animation (doesn't seem possible)? How do I do that? I've tried adding a fullscreen image but it keeps getting transparent and animated with the default background animation.

Can not be done. PD always uses an animated menu.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 09. 2011 13:58

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

oRBIT2002 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 02, 2009 09:23 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
EDIT:

Can not be done. PD always uses an animated menu.

That's pretty stupid.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, it is.

Members of the forum have asked Cyberlink for a Text menu for the last several versions of PowerDirector.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.