Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: SVRT works as you say for the first clip for my Canon but SVRT doesn't work at all for my Pana SD9 due to the slight quirks Pana have used when using their own interpretation of the AVCHD codec.
So at the moment I am stuck until they sort it out.

This is good information, what canon camcorder do you have?
To keep people informed of the development of this issue, as requested I have sent the following PM to Dafydd:

In relation to the poor "AVCHD final render quality" using PD7.

As requested, I have ready to be uploaded:
- A "pure" 5 second unedited avchd video from my Canon HF-10 camcorder (11 MB)
- The same video rendered twice in PD7 (17 MB), using the AVC.MPEG-4 default profile type: AVCHD 1920 X 1080
Please note that to reproduce the AVCHD issue you need at least two videos, because SVRT does NOT work after a transition or effect is applied.

please send the ftp info.

Thank you for your time,

Juan
pjc, just in case you didn't read it:

Quote: I would welcome either pjc, Keyan or Juan posting their enquiry and comments under a NEW topic of "AVCHD rendering" or some such. I'd also request the three of you provide a "pure" 1 to 5 second unedited avchd video and then render the same video in PD7, making both avchd's available to me to look at by uploading to an ftp and I'll get them looked at by R&D etc at CyberLink.

Let me know when you can and have these available - I'll send you the ftp info. Make sure all file names of the video relate to YOUR NAME and can be identified easily.

Let's see if this issue can be resolved.

Dafydd

In reference to the poor "AVCHD final render quality" using PD7:

- IMHO the best solution to this issue is to fix Smart Video Rendering Technology (SVRT) for AVCHD files. This is the only way to preserve the quality of the original videos.
- pjc, rendering to mpeg-2 present several disvantages. First, increase in file size. Second, the re-encoding always results in lost of quality. Third, longer rendering time. fourth, the re-encoding always results in lost of quality (yeah, it's bad, inadequate, unsatisfactory, deficient, malignant, carcinogenic, etc), sorry I can't stress this enough.

Dafydd, to reproduce the AVCHD issue you need at least two videos (or one video twice), because SVRT does NOT work after a transition or effect is applied. If only one video is used, then the video rendered in PD7 would be the same as the original (smart rendered)

I will produce a 5 sec video, I don't have one right now.

Juan
Thanks Dafydd,

This is the first time that I receive a response from you regarding the AVCHD issue, and I really appreciate it.
Sure, I know the AVCHD issue has been reported to CyberLink, however I still don't know if "the mods" (you) received any response from them, have you?
Of course, I have used the "suggestion box". Moreover, I have submitted a support ticket regarding this issue, but I got the same inappropriate responses than pjc.

Thanks again.
Quote: ... It explicitly is not monitored by Cyberlink Technical support, as per the header on the main index page, although I do know the mods bring issues to Cyberlinks attention if they appear to warrant it...

Actually, this is a really good question: have the mods brought the "AVCHD issue" to Cyberlinks attention?

AVCHD ISSUE: The video quality of AVCHD files is dramatically reduced when rendered in PowerDirector, and SVRT for AVCHD not working properly.

Thanks for your answer,

Juan
Hi Frank,

This is my opinion about patch 2429a. I did post it in another thread, but since the only way to find that thread is "doing a search for it", here you go:

SVRT for AVCHD still doesn't work properly with latest patch 2429a. Cyberlink is aware of this issue from what others have posted, however 8 months later there's no fix.

It's NOT just that SVRT does NOT work for AVCHD, the AVCHD rendering quality (recoding, re-rendering) is really poor (artifacts,pixelation, etc).

Although I like PowerDirector's editing interface, the quality of the final video is the more important factor to me. This is the reason why I bought a HIGH DEFINITION camcorder.
SVRT for AVCHD still doesn't work properly with latest patch 2429a. what a shame!

Cyberlink is aware of this issue from what others have posted, however 8 months later there's no fix.

It's NOT just that SVRT does NOT work for AVCHD, the AVCHD rendering quality (recoding, re-rendering) is really poor (artifacts,pixelation, etc).

Although I like PowerDirector's editing interface, the quality of the final video is the more important factor to me. This is the reason why I bought a HIGH DEFINITION camcorder.

I have a bad feeling about this, and unfortunately the time to get my money back has expired.
Quote: I use the BD files over network to the media player/plasma and burn DVDs for friends using a third party application.

When you say burn DVDs for friends using a third party application, do you mean:

1. Standard definition DVDs, because of the bad quality when rendering in PD7? OR,
2. AVCHD DVDs, because of the worst quality ever when rendering in PD7?

BTW, my workflow now is:
MTS to PC>edit with PD>render to HD mpeg2 1080i>TSMuxer to Blu-ray folder>Nero to AVCHD DVD.

The result is good (better than anything PD7 does), but certainly a pain in the ass.

Please Cyberlink fix the HORRIBLE AVCHD handling in PD7
Hi Dafydd,

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to agree with Daniel in every point that he has made in this thread. I have never seen similar behaviour in any other forum in my life, this is unacceptable and people MAY think that Cyberlink is trying to hide something.

I do understand that maybe this is not your responsability or it's not in your absolute power to fix it, but I think there is condescendence in your answer.

Respectfully,

Juan
This is the answer that I received from Cyberlink regarding SVRT for AVCHD in the full paid version of PowerDirector 7 Ultra (2227c):

In response to your issue we regret to inform you that the SVRT feature does not work with the AVCHD files. The SVRT feature works only with the Mpeg1 format files.

Do you think this is an accurate response?
Hi brandon,

Did you receive an answer about this issue?

What happenned with the project that you uploaded?

I'm in the same boat than you. I like the program, but the AVCHD rendering quality is poor (artifacts, etc) and SVRT is not working properly. I may request a refund.

Thanks
It would be a shame if they don't get SVRT working with AVCHD files soon.

AVCHD high definition camcorders are already very popular. I'm pretty sure that after christmas there will be a lot of people looking for a video editing software with this feature working properly.

I contacted costumer service about this, no answer yet (your experience isn't encouraging)

It would be nice if some of the moderators, can help us reach the Cyberlink Team faster.

Thank's

Juan
Quote: I can confirm SVRT currently works with Canon HF100 until it has to render ie transition. It then renders all footage from then on...

Thanks pjc,

I have exactly the same experience with my canon H-10, and like you said this makes SVRT pointless. My second question is more relevant now:

Is Ciberlink working to fix SVRT for AVCHD?

I have 27 days to return my purchase.
Gentlemen,

What is the current state of SVRT for AVCHD with the last built of PD 7 (2227c)?

Dafydd, Is Cyberlink even working on it?

I read the relevant posts, but there are more questions than answers.

So far my experience has been frustrating.

Thanks
Go to: