Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Post Not Showing Up
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
On the 23rd of October (this month) I replied to 2 separate threads regarding the inability to render a better quality MP4 video.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3313.page

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3601.page

When I go back a day or so later and browse the updated and newly created threads (sorted by date), the threads I posted in are no longer there.

They do show up using the search function (ipod), yet do NOT show up when simply browsing.

Can anyone simply browse to posts made on the 23rd to see if it is me, or there really is a problem with the site?

If there really is a problem and they don't show up normally, it is not wonder there have been no replies as no one actually sees them.

Thanks,

Dan
[Post New]
You are not alone Dan, it happens to my posts as well. They seem to stay dated at an older date (pages down the list).
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

This is one of the quirks with topics displaying on the forum. When I "Moderate" a posting, it effects the positioning of all topics which revert to original date order - messes up the postings.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,

This is one of the quirks with topics displaying on the forum. When I "Moderate" a posting, it effects the positioning of all topics which revert to original date order - messes up the postings.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

I am sorry, but this is not at all an acceptable answer.

How can people help each other if they have difficulty finding (or can't at all find) the thread?

I posted to a thread last night, and it is gone as well.

This GREATLY reduces the effectiveness of posting in an on line forum.

What can be done about this serious flaw?

Dan

PS: What in that thread necessitated "moderation"?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dan,

I moderate on the forum as lightly as possible. When I (or the Admin or other Moderator) need to make a change it effects ALL postings and topics as previously stated.

As this issue has been answered a number of times in the past - please use the Search capability to find out more. It's a quirk in the scripting.

Please send in a comment to CyberLink.

A visit to "Recent Topics" might help you locate a recent posting. It has also taken you 42 days to come back with a response! I see that pjc and I responded within 1 and 2 days. What necessitated you to be so slow in responding?

Dafydd

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Dec 11. 2008 08:15

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
I also answered both your previous postings and made representations on the mp4 issue.

Along with vn800Rider, we have been looking at mp4 rendering to return the footage to our cameras - to play and use the camera as the HD device for the fully edited video on our TV's. However there is a considerable variation in the codecs used to create MP4's. This non-standard 720p mp4 issue is one of the reasons why PD7 does not include the capability.

We have to date been unsuccessful in getting our cameras to read mp4's created by any software.

I hope the information is of use.

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 11. 2008 08:11

Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Dan,

I moderate on the forum as lightly as possible. When I (or the Admin or other Moderator) need to make a change it effects ALL postings and topics as previously stated.

Again, it seems a bit sad that this is just accepted as “normal” (at least by the moderators). I frequent many different forums and do not remember any of them having this sort problem. Have you considered using different software?

Quote:
As this issue has been answered a number of times in the past…

If this has been answered "a number or times in the past", would you not think the issue necessitates a sticky?

A section for Site Bugs/Fixes may also be very helpful.

Getting the word out on a problem so many people are having may help to prevent members and mods alike from wasting their time.

Quote:
…please use the Search capability to find out more.

I am very acquainted with the search function and its uses as evidenced in my original post in this thread.

My complaint (as well as many others it would seem), is that the search function is not always the preferred method for reading the forums. When one starts or contributes to a thread, they are obviously hoping others will read and reply if necessary. When the post gets shuffled backward, nowhere NEAR as many people will be reading it (and therefore possibly providing help).

I would certainly think that most people browse the desired section of the forum starting with the first page and working backward. Does this make too much sense?

Quote:
It's a quirk in the scripting.

An accepted “quirk”, or are you investigating it?

Again: Have you considered using different software?

Quote:
Please send in a comment to CyberLink.

I thought that was the intent of these forums…support…answers to problems people are having.

How does this problem differ from any other problem posted in this forum that would cause you to basically tell me to go cry to someone else?

Please instruct me as to how to properly send a comment to Cyberlink.

Quote:
A visit to "Recent Topics" might help you locate a recent posting.

Yes; it “might”, but the recent topics includes all the other forums and no apparent way to filter them out. For example; I am not at all concerned with any of the other sections. Having to wade through topics posted in other forums is a waste of time.

Quote:
It has also taken you 42 days to come back with a response!

I was not at all aware you were waiting so anxiously!!!

Quote:
I see that pjc and I responded within 1 and 2 days. What necessitated you to be so slow in responding?

Actually, I read the reply and (although not at all happy about it), did not have time respond as I have had a serious family crisis that has been taking up just about all of my time.

I jumped on last night (having just a bit of time to do so), and noticed someone else with the same problem had JUST posted about it and it reminded me of your lame answer to the problem.
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I also answered both your previous postings and made representations on the mp4 issue.

Along with vn800Rider, we have been looking at mp4 rendering to return the footage to our cameras - to play and use the camera as the HD device for the fully edited video on our TV's. However there is a considerable variation in the codecs used to create MP4's. This non-standard 720p mp4 issue is one of the reasons why PD7 does not include the capability.

We have to date been unsuccessful in getting our cameras to read mp4's created by any software.

I hope the information is of use.

Dafydd

Isn't this the wrong thread to be posting this in.

The purpose of this thread was to discuss posts not showing up.

It has NOTHING to do with MP4's.

Please post in the appropriate forum!!!

Could we get a moderator to move this post please?
Juan [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Canada Joined: Dec 01, 2008 23:35 Messages: 33 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to agree with Daniel in every point that he has made in this thread. I have never seen similar behaviour in any other forum in my life, this is unacceptable and people MAY think that Cyberlink is trying to hide something.

I do understand that maybe this is not your responsability or it's not in your absolute power to fix it, but I think there is condescendence in your answer.

Respectfully,

Juan

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 11. 2008 16:52

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Juan,

I have answered this issue many times. I agree with it not being acceptable. I have made that point to CL. This forum is interwoven with the main site.

I have blocked this posting - basically it's getting nowhere.

Dafydd
[Moderator]