Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Your sample is completely borderless.

I don't understand, if it's really 2.4:1 am I not supposed to see black bars as my monitor is not 2.4:1. On the display settings my desktop resolution is set to 1920x1080 (recommended).

1920/1080= 1,77
1920/800= 2,4

How come I don't see horizontal black bars when in fullscreen on your sample ?

I do see horizontal black bars when in fullscreen on my original video.. but when I reduce the height of the window it only starts shrinking when the black bars are gone.
I was following the first part thinking that this is what I needed.

I now did the second part but it does seem that horizontal black bars remain. It shows differently than the original 1920x800 video in VLC.

The instructions are very simple. Either I need other settings for what I want or monitors/ programs recognize it as 21:9.

I don’t understand how why the second part would benefit me.. I have an original video of 1920x800 and I want to keep it 1920x800 otherwise fixed black bars are added from PD
I followed the instructions. The final video now has both vertical and horizontal bars.

Maybe this is because the original file is 1920x800 and I have to use different settings than in your sample ?
Quote grüß Gott. howzit?
yes. if you've followed instruction it'll produce borderless aspect ratio that you wanted! ensure that your player's setting will play correct aspect ratio without borders.

Pre Purchase Questions

tschüß.
happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

Does following these instructions reduce the quality a little ?
Actually the original video is 1920x800 so technically it's PD who put the black bars so I just want to produce it without those.
Hello,

After many months of procrastination, I'v finally come to the final part of my project where I need to upload it to youtube.

In the produce window of PD there is the option for online export to youtube directly.
1920 x 1080 / 30p and 60p are available but the original clip that I modified is 23,976 p
So I assume I would get better quality if I export it to my pc first in 23,976 and then manually upload it on youtube.

I should produce it as a H.264 AVC; MP4 ? Is the average bitrate 4567 ? deblocking ? dynamic gop ?

Here is the MediaInfo from the original file:

General
Complete name : Feel Invincible (1080p HD).m4v
Format : MPEG-4
Codec ID : M4V (M4V /mp42/isom)
File size : 132 MiB
Duration : 3 min 48 s
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 4 865 kb/s
Movie name : Feel Invincible
Performer : Skillet
Genre : Rock
ContentType : Music Video
Flavour : 18:1080p
Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4
Format settings : CABAC / 5 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, RefFrames : 5 frames
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate : 4 567 kb/s
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 800 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 2.40:1
Frame rate mode : Variable
Frame rate : 23.976 (23976/1000) FPS
Minimum frame rate : 23.976 FPS
Maximum frame rate : 1 714.286 FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.124
Stream size : 124 MiB (94%)
Title : Core Media Video
Language : English
Encoded date : UTC 2018-05-25 03:16:58
Tagged date : UTC 2018-05-25 03:16:59
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : BT.709
Matrix coefficients : BT.709
Codec configuration box : avcC
Audio
ID : 2
Format : AAC LC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
Codec ID : mp4a-40-2
Source duration : 3 min 48 s
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 256 kb/s
Maximum bit rate : 383 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel layout : L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate : 46.875 FPS (1024 SPF)
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 6.98 MiB (5%)
Source stream size : 6.98 MiB (5%)
Title : Core Media Audio
Language : English
Encoded date : UTC 2018-05-25 03:16:58
Tagged date : UTC 2018-05-25 03:16:59

I would also like to have it in 1920 x 800 just as the original file.

I tried to follow the guidelines of Pepsiman in his youtube video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOpCKvWB5RU&list=WL&index=8&t=0s

But I am confused. I tried to shortcut and change the aspect ratio (changed 1080 to 800) in the profile.ini but that did not work.

To be clear I need to keep the video as it is and remove the horizontal black bars which would bring it from 1920x1080 to 1920x800. I dont want to resize 1920x1080 to 1920x800 as this will just keep the black bars in.

thanks all
Hello

I want to add the lyrics of the song to my video.

I would want each word to come up when it is spoken/sung while retaining the rest of the phrase.

I found something that does this exactly. In newblue titler I choose the fade in word by word transition.

The tempo at which they pop up is divided equally among the words however I would want some words to pop up faster and some slower.

For example. "I will not give in" 5 seconds
s 1: I
s 2: I will
s 3: I will not
s 4: I will not give
s 5: I will not give in

How can I have s 3 I will not at s 2 and s 2 at s 1,5 ?

If I try to do this with keyframes under the object page then the keyframes disappear when selecting part of the phrase. It only lets me choose the opacity of the whole phrase.

In theory I could choose for example

s 0: I will not give in (opacity 0)
s 1 : I (opacity 100) will not give in (opacity 0)
and so on..
I re-installed andf it works now
Hello

I have the screen recorder 4 free version. I don't understand why it goes off and the window disappears when the recording starts...

It really goes off because when I click on the screen recorder icon on ym desktop it has to launch again..

Also minimize option is off and always on top is on anyway..

If that MediaInfo report is in fact what FROMNOW is working with as source material, yes, I believe my fps intuition could be very relevant and editing experience will always suffer in PD.

FROMNOW, what you could do is the "Pack Project Materials..." of your current project so you create something to work with. Take your source clip(s) and encode in HandBrake or the like and encode at a "Constant Framerate", be it 23.976 if that's what you like. PD always much happier with such source material. In this "Pack Project Materials..." folder simply replace the source mp4's with the newly encoded constant framerate files with identical names. Open and edit this project and see how it goes. Some frame cuts may not be exactly what you want but if you cut again do they stay as desired.

Jeff

Thanks for the tip.

I still risked it and so far I'm having no problems. I'm making multiple saves and keep older saves in case it goes corrupt
Thanks a lot guys for all your suggestions and it feels really good to know that if needed you would be willing to look at the files themselves and so on.

Luckily I don't think it will be necessary this time.

I removed the automatic shadow files creation so it doesnt create any from the original and started again.

Everything is fine like this.

As a test I did the same with shadow files and took snapshots from the timeline and indeed the problem was there: beginning was fine but after 1min the snapshots showed that the preview was constantly 1 frame to the right of the snapshots (and the snapshots are the same as the produce).

Let's see what happens when I will edit hollywood movies maybe I'll be forced to use shadow files because of size or maybe it was only because of this specific video music clip.

Thank you to all for the help
I restarted the project and it's not going well.

At a certain point it's putting all frames one to the left. In the preview/on the timeline it's showing 1 frame before. if I take a snapshot it's showing the one on the right, the one that will be put in the produce.
I deleted the temporary files and now in the preview these frames are actually shown to be there.

Thanks, was the 23.976 source video progressive?

These rouge frames that you captured, are they always a so-called neighbor frame from your cut. From your original post I gathered that to be the case, but maybe incorrectly.

Jeff

Yes it was progressive but I also tried the other option and the same happened.

It happens that they are not there but when they are there it's always the last frame on a clip mostly when there is another clip right next to it but sometimes even when the clip is there just by itself (by which I mean there's at least a 2 seconds of empty black space).

PD will re-create any temp files after you've deleted any existing ones, and ideally that would solve the "ghosting" issue here. You do not have to abandon your project, but you would want to close and restart PD. If you use the Manually Delete option in PD, you'll have to start a new project or open another one to free up the in-use files so they can be deleted. If you want to clear out the cache folders directly as Tony has suggested, just make sure PD is closed.

Shadow files are temporary files, but for a different purpose. If you have them enabled and nothing else is solving the problem, you can try deleting those as well. Nothing in your project (edits, etc) will be affected.

Just to make sure because I definitely do want to avoid to restart the project.

Manually deleting means I go to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\MediaCache and delete them myself ? If i do that PD has to be closed at the same time otherwise I have to restart the project ?

Or I can clear them in the preferences and then restart PD (without saving, I don't know if it would ask to save) ?
Quote So - just to clarify... (I'm not sure I understood the issue completely before)

1. You've removed segments of the video track & left the audio track intact.
2. You've taken timeline snapshots in the remaining segments, but the snapshots sometimes appear as one of the previously deleted frames

I'm trying to replicate that, but haven't been able to yet.

One suggestion might be to clear out your temporary files. You can do that in Preferences > General, or go to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\MediaCache & delete the contents of the folder.

While you're in there you might also empty the WaveForms folder at C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\17.0\Cache\WaveForms (unrelated to the issue you're having)

Perhaps that will help.

Cheers - Tony

1. Yes. I'v removed segments and also copied some and put them at multiple places.[/list]
2. Yes. I took snapshots to try and find a solution (as suggested by someone) and to my surprise at the exact places where the produced video was showing these flashes of the frames that I had deleted, there these deleted frames were revealed to be instead of the ones that are shown in the preview.

If I delete the temporary files do I have to restart the project ? Are the temporary files the same as the shadow files ?
Another thing to keep in mind if you are truly working with an extemely short clip of just 9 frames is that most video clips are encoded, and there is an occasional reference frame followed by many "changes-only" frames, and PD may have trouble showing the correct frame when a clip stops with so few frames available.

You may actually be better off taking 3 screen shots of each successive frame and dealing with stand-alone images rather than video frames.

It does seem to bug more often with shorter clips and/or clips that are short next to each other and/or that have been dragged/copied from somewhere else on the timeline and so on.

I took snapshots.

This time the video is a little over 1 minute and it shows clearly what happens

https://youtu.be/yLrQUZr7zgA

Not necessarily, I had written "For a test like that" referring to Tony's test trying to replicate your issue since no one could see your video post. My view, its' basically a fps issue. Tony was trying to create a true 30fps with colorboards.

What is your source fps, how is your timeline fps set in pref, and what exact produce settings did you use may provide a few clues. However, what Youtube will do to it can be another issue as I believe Youtube end encode is always common whole number fps.

Jeff

The original file is 23.976 fps.

The timeline is set to 24 fps.

As produce settings I used a custom profile with 23.976 fps. Frame type progressive. High profile. CABAC.
Average bitrate 15500 (I didn't know what to use and it was set to 15500; also I don't know how to find the average bitrate of the original file with mediaInfo). Quality mode. Use deblocking.

I produced 15-20 different clips from second 47-52 where 3 deleted frames popped up (there are many others in the modified music video clip) and all gave the same result.

You are the only one that can see your YouTube video. See the screenshot.

Oh I put it on now.

https://youtu.be/M9I9aekzESs
Quote You could see the youtube video ?

With h264 this is to be expected with modified short clips ?

I need to produce to WMV, MPEG2, or DVI ?

I produced it to WMV and MPEG2 (is DVI DV-AVI ?) and the same mistakes came up..

By the way my end goal is to upload it to youtube.

Obviously first I would want there to be no mistakes and then the quality of the end video on youtube itself is my second concern.
You could see the youtube video ?

With h264 this is to be expected with modified short clips ?

I need to produce to WMV, MPEG2, or DVI ?
Go to: