Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote where do you save your project? The error message says something about MSOCache. That is a MS Office Folder where you don't have access to as a normal user.
Start PD16 as an administrator and try again. If it works, it seems, that your project or PD16 tries to save files to folder, where no access is granted. Change to save folder to an other folder.

Hatti

Thank you, Hatti,
Appreciate your interest in my problem. I do not know why I received the second error message re MSOCahe. It occurred only once. See the rest of my answer to the PD Moderator.
PD version 16.0.2524.0
SR Number VDE171213-07

I am editing a documentary of 45 minutes. Current length of rough cut approx 25 minutes. Using stills and mp4 clips and interviews and AAC m4a sound. 1920x1080 HD. Last night I received an error message: Error saving. Project might be corrupted. I have no idea what caused it. I tried saving the project under a new name, tried Pack Product Materials, etc. When I re open the project it is possible to view all the material on the timeline. Nothing seems to be missing, but when the project tries to auto save after 5 minutes I repeatedly receive the error message. I have an urgent deadline but am afraid of the consequences should I continue editing and ignoring this error message.
At the time I received the first error message I was more or less doing the following:
a) Using Magic motion on a still. I tried to ease in and out.
b)Went back to YouTube to the How to tutoring lessons.
c) Tried to change the clone display (my computor screen and external Dell screen) to multiple displays to be able to follow and apply the steps of the lesson. Encountered a problem to change to multiple displays, although I have used it in the past.
d) Encountered a problem to enable my mouse on both screens. Have not experienced this before.
e) Inserted a small PD project of an interview.
Could any of these steps have caused the error message? Please help.
I am also unsure whether the settings for shadow files is correct, which resolution I should use and where to store the shadow files.
Currently 720x480. I had my setting to auto delete every 30 days, byt have changed it to manually delete
Some PD programme and other files are on the OS drive; some on the D drive. Preview cache files on D drive, as well as project and all materials in on master library file. During editing I use the High preview resolution. During my previous drama project of 55 minutes I could easitly use the Full HD Preview resolution, since the computor has the ability to do so.
Quote I normally use the function Pack product materials when I have finished editing a project. Then I could store this file anywhere and re-use at a later date. Lately I have found that clips are missing when I re open the project. Please help. I thought that the function Pack product materials as a safeguard operates to conserve the clips in one place.
Various intro sequences that I use regularly are now unavailable.

Are you opening the project file "name" .pds, which is in the same folder?

YES
I normally use the function Pack product materials when I have finished editing a project. Then I could store this file anywhere and re-use at a later date. Lately I have found that clips are missing when I re open the project. Please help. I thought that the function Pack product materials as a safeguard operates to conserve the clips in one place.
Various intro sequences that I use regularly are now unavailable.
Thanks! I did not notice the ALL content at the top. Thanks, a million! Also for the willingness to help each time!
I wanted to try another title, but all of a sudden cannot find the default title in the title room.
Thank you, jcarnana,
I was off line for some time, but could answer today.
I am looking at all your suggestions and am testing it in my project. I think I might just cope. Thanks so much!
I have scrutinized the Users' guide and found it quite helpful on the subject of subtitles.
It mentions SRT files, and MKV files. I cannot find a definition of those files. Please explain.
(I have been a professional film editor for approx 15 years way back in the 70's to 90's and since then has done sound editing (Audacity)on sermons. I have only recently started the learning curve on PD. So, I lack much knowledge of digital editing.
Thanks for your patience and help so far!

1) Could part of the problem with the text scroll be that it is too long? It is approximately 20 minutes. I have managed to load the text, but it slows down PD considerably. I also have great difficulty in editing the text. I enclude at the bottom my computor info. It would be a shame if this option is not possible.

2) I am including a section of the same text that I inserted as many separate text pages. I have also inserted a fade transition between the text pages. This option seems to work better. I have, however, another problem: I can view the text page in the text edit mode, but once I return to my timeline, it does not display on the preview. What could be the cause of it?

I am really curious and willing to learn!
OK I have packed it. How do I attach it here?
Thanks for the advise and patience so far. I have implemented your advice.
I am still encountering problems:
1) Titles (Text) that is supposed to scroll to the left, refuse to scroll at all, despite my having set the correct length;
2) Titels (Text) that scroll up: Even after I set the font and size and instructions to align left, the text don't budge and align right. It refuses also to align centre. When attempting quite a number of times, the font and size has changed and I have to reset it. What do I do wrong?
Thanks. That's a speedy reaction! Two questions: How do you set the speed for the scroll up?
Is it possible to scroll left to right, Lower Third to correspond with the speech?
Please advise: I an editing sermon video's that require the spoken word to be scrolled as text for deaf viewers. What template can I use? I must be able to adjust the speed of the text to correspond to the spoken word.
Go to: