Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi, I have a Dazzle capture device and I tested it on PD13 with Windows 7. It does not find the device. I also have a dual boot system with XP and W7 and I did this to keep using my Pinnacle capture card that has the firewire input. There are no available drivers to run this card on any Windows OS after XP. When I installed PD13 I was pleasantly surprised to find that my Pinnacle card now works on W7. I previously posted on this forum that I could not get any sound when using the analog input for VHS video, but that was an issue with my sound card mixer and not PD 13. Once again I did not want to chuck out my old Sound Blaster Live sound card because I also use MIDI music stuff and I just can't find another suitable card with these features....without breaking the bank. I then found the KX mixer driver from Russia and the sound card is now working. Hope this helps.

Keith R
The video machine audio goes into my Sound Blaster Live card and I can hear it sometimes but it is not being recorded. PD does recognize the Dazzle DVC 100 but only the picture with no audio, and this audio is going directly through the USB port. This is why I seem to think that PD is not designed to use analog video plus audio. In the capture settings box there is nothing in the audio input box.
O.K I take your point, but it just looks nice if it has a quick fade, and not just "bangs" in.
Hi All,
I found that my old Pinnacle AV/DV capture card with firewire actually works with PD 13 on Windows 7. That is a bonus because I could not find any drivers to run this card any any windows after XP. I have many tapes on Mini DV and a Sony Handycam without any inputs for a pass through system. I connected my VHS player to the card and I can copy the video no problem, but there is no audio. It does not look like the PD 13 systems has any feature for audio capture on any analog input. Am I correct?

I can capture my VHS footage by using XP......I have a dual boot system just in case of these funnies, but the PD 13 capture is a lot better than my older Pinnacle Studio software.

I also have a Dazzle capture unit for direct capture via USB and it also shows video but once again no audio. The Dazzle unit works on W7 but the software only sends the video directly to DVD. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Playsound, it looks like you are right. Pity, because this is such a basic requirement.
Mmm....no replies from the experts?? Does this mean that it cannot be done? It would just be nice to know.
Hi All,
I'm new to Power Director. I have many years on the old linear pro editors (Betacam) and then no-linear stuff like Pinnacle, Premier etc. Can someone please tell me how to fade sub titles in and out?? That is a basic requirement and I just can't see how to do it. Thanks very much.
Go to: