Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
My YouCam 9 has no avatar creator-why not?
How would you delete an scene from the program. They must be located in a directory, but where?
Solved the problems:

1. Good advice from forum regarding lip movement.

2. Using 640x360 resolution helped

3. I found that Gigabyte had several monitor choices for my Laptop. When I choose LCD computer monitor it worked. All is well.

4. Only thing left, of no functional importance, is why does YouCam 9 not recognize its own driver?

Youcam 9, the lips do not move, but the eyes do. How to make the lips move?
Instead of the avatar I get myself. How can this be changed using Webcam 9? Image of avatar blinks. I changed resolution and the avatar plays, but continues to blink. I am using a Choney usb 2.0 driver for camera, but I cannot get cyberlink to recognize their own driver. Also, lips not moving.
If I have the key can I download the trial version and use the key to open the program?

See some ways to handle audio in PD18

Thanks for the helpful insight. However, it still is more burdensome than VS.
Quote Powerdirector remembers your timeline layout in a saved project, but resets to the default when you start a new project.

If you want there to be a default timeline layout, you need to make a new feature request for the next version, as it is not currently available. Best way is through the Rate Us & Provide Suggetions dialog in the File menu.

Ash

Thanks for the answer, but this is such an obvious basic requirement that it should be available as it is in other software.
This is especially needed as you cannot view the entire track layout at once and can make functionality more difficult. It tell me don't use this software for complicated projects..
I set the tracks the way I want to, but upon reboot they default back to two tracks-not my desired four. This is not too user friendly to be sure. Why can't the program remember-suffering from dementia? Can this be cured?
Yes, from the library, but not the timeline edit. You cannot drag the edited clip to the library as one can do in Videostudio for further use.
Quote Using "Link/Unlink Video and Audio" separates the audio, but if you do not press reset alias they still move together-rather odd?
I would think the Link/Unlink option would be enough and is not in the manual.

Thanks for the reply. Now I got it.
One more thing: How do you save the audio of a split clip? No save option seems available. In Videostudio you just drag it to the library for further use. In PD I would have to clear all but the audio clip and then save it-no too good.
I can remove all audio from the Library and save it, but the removed piece of audio on the time line cannot be saved. Can this be done?
Using "Link/Unlink Video and Audio" separates the audio, but if you do not press reset alias they still move together-rather odd?
I would think the Link/Unlink option would be enough and is not in the manual.
If the photo is too large you must go into PIP and resize it to a usable size, try again and hope it's a usable size.
An extra step. Scaling within the collage, as allowed by Videostudio, is more efficient and not as time consuming.
So,why not?
That is a real pain in the ---. You must leave the collage screen and go into PIP and guess. Too time consuming.
Videostudio allows you to scale within the collage screen and is far more efficient. Why cannot PD do the same.
I have already suggested it to them-we will see!
I can increase size, move the photo around but, I cannot reduce its size by trimming. An online tutorial displayed a scissor to trim, but only the clock and plus/minus controls are shown in PD 17 and that is for video. This can be done with Corel Videostudio; why not with PD?
I place a clip on the time line and select it to move. The hand shows up , but when I click on the mouse it turns into an arrow goes into the PIP screen which is a pain. this happens often. How can this be avoided?
Quote When I click right click on the i and select remove, I lose the whole clip. If I left click I get PIP. No simple way to do the obvious.

I found it. Use "Effects" on the screen to control it but, you cannot eliminate the effect from the list, just turn it off.
When I click right click on the i and select remove, I lose the whole clip. If I left click I get PIP. No simple way to do the obvious.
Go to: