Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Trim photos in a collage
pepegota [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 28, 2014 16:29 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
I can increase size, move the photo around but, I cannot reduce its size by trimming. An online tutorial displayed a scissor to trim, but only the clock and plus/minus controls are shown in PD 17 and that is for video. This can be done with Corel Videostudio; why not with PD?

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Oct 09. 2019 09:20

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I do it all the time. PiP Designer/Object settings/Scale.
pepegota [Avatar]
[Post New]
That is a real pain in the ---. You must leave the collage screen and go into PIP and guess. Too time consuming.
Videostudio allows you to scale within the collage screen and is far more efficient. Why cannot PD do the same.
I have already suggested it to them-we will see!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
After resizing with PiP Designer one can either take a snapshot and use it or range produce that snapshot to a video and use it in the collage. It is that easy for me.
pepegota [Avatar]
[Post New]
If the photo is too large you must go into PIP and resize it to a usable size, try again and hope it's a usable size.
An extra step. Scaling within the collage, as allowed by Videostudio, is more efficient and not as time consuming.
So,why not?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 19. 2019 15:45