Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cannot customize tracks
pepegota [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 28, 2014 16:29 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
I set the tracks the way I want to, but upon reboot they default back to two tracks-not my desired four. This is not too user friendly to be sure. Why can't the program remember-suffering from dementia? Can this be cured?
AshWilliams [Avatar]
Member Location: Michigan Joined: Mar 28, 2013 23:38 Messages: 109 Offline
[Post New]
Powerdirector remembers your timeline layout in a saved project, but resets to the default when you start a new project.

If you want there to be a default timeline layout, you need to make a new feature request for the next version, as it is not currently available. Best way is through the Rate Us & Provide Suggetions dialog in the File menu.

Ash
pepegota [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 28, 2014 16:29 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Powerdirector remembers your timeline layout in a saved project, but resets to the default when you start a new project.

If you want there to be a default timeline layout, you need to make a new feature request for the next version, as it is not currently available. Best way is through the Rate Us & Provide Suggetions dialog in the File menu.

Ash

Thanks for the answer, but this is such an obvious basic requirement that it should be available as it is in other software.
This is especially needed as you cannot view the entire track layout at once and can make functionality more difficult. It tell me don't use this software for complicated projects..
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It's very easy to add new 1 to 97 more tracks in a single step with the Track Manager, although that is one more step than if PD would let you define a specific number to start each project. Since PD will allow up to 99 A/V tracks and 5 FX tracks, that is not a limitation on complex projects.

PD will also automatically add a new track whenever you manually drag a clip from the Media Library onto the lowest existing track - so dragging a clip to Track 2 in a new project will automatically add Track 3. That doesn't take any extra steps at all, and you only need to build downward as you place your initial clips.

Believe it or not, there have been complaints about that feature, as well as wanting PD to only provide a single A/V track at the start, because the other track(s) will "never" be used. Suggesting the addition of a user-defined number of tracks setting seems like a good idea.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°