Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Transitions do not finish smoothly
Theshadowsback [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 10, 2012 10:36 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Can anybody tell me if there is any way to ensure that transitions run smoothly into the next clip. At the moment when the transitions finish the next clip seems to stand still for a split second. It is only a split second, but it spoils the effect. Is this normal or can it be improved?

Many thanks for your help
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
What graphics card do you have? __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Are you talking about when you are previewing or your final output??

If you are talking about during preview, lower your preview resolution.... __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
Theshadowsback [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank, both

I'm running Windows 7 with an i7 2600 processor, the graphics card is a Radeon HD 6670.

@ Bubba. The problem is in the final output

Thanks again
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Shadow -

What output format & profile are you using? Have you tried any others?

Also - is the problem occurring with all/many transitions or particular ones?

With that information, others could test at their end.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Theshadowsback [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Tony

There doesn't seem to be a consistancy to particular transitions and this gave me a clue. Perhaps with your knowledge you will be able to guide me in the right direction.

I'm outputting to H.264 AVC 1920 x 1080i 50. I need this format to be able to transfer the films wirelessly as .m2ts via special software to my Humax Foxsat PVR for TV Viewing and storage.

Now, to my knowledge, the Panny TM10 operates at 25fps so the above output is not quite right, in PD8 I was able to render at 25fps so I didn't have a problem.

Is there a way to render in full HD at 25fps?

Thanks

Robert
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Robert -

In the Produce module, after selecting the default profile that's close to what you want, if you click on the + button you can customise the profile to suit yourself.

I'm not sure that THAT will solve your transition issue.

I'll have a play here.

Cheers - Tony
Theshadowsback [Avatar]
[Post New]
Tony, thanks

I'll re-render a test piece and see if there is a difference.

Robert
PatC [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Suffolk UK Joined: Nov 17, 2009 14:00 Messages: 156 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Theshadowsback,

I know exactly what you are seeing.
I normally work with Panasonic 1080i 25fps and 1080p 50fps and render to H.264 AVC.
I have always had this problem when using SVRT, a definate glitch or a frozen frame after simple
fade transitions and even picture breakup after the more dynamic transitions.
You can experiment with the various settings in Preferences: Hardware Acceleration and
Preferences: Produce.
The "Quality" of your results can also depend on having "Fast video rendering technology" selected
or not in the Produce module.
If SVRT is not your cause then you must experiment with the Preference and Produce settings.
---------------------------------------------
Cyberlink have started to use a different notation for their video formats in the Produce Module.
As I understand it 1080i 50 means:- 1080 interlaced at 50 fields per second which is actually
1080 x 25 frames per second. ( Each frame consisting of 2 fields, one odd one even, interlaced.)
However 1080P 50fps is 1080 x 50 frames per second, no interlacing, just complete frames.

Good luck, Patrick

Theshadowsback [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Patrick

Thanks very much for the suggestions and the information. I will start experimenting with the settings straight away. I'll post again when I have some more to tell.

Regards

Robert
Theshadowsback [Avatar]
[Post New]
As promised, here are the results of my small test.

The film was three minutes long and had 10 transitions, music and tiles. All the results are for rendering h264 AVC.

Test 1, 1920 x 1080 50i SVRT on = 401 MB
Test 2, 1920 x 1080 50i (24 mbps) = 513 MB
Test 3, 1920 x 1080 50i SVRT 0ff = 408 MB
Test 4, 1920 x 1080 50i with allow SVRT IDR h.264 in preferences enabled. = 395 MB

All the films worked very well and there was no noticable difference in quality.

As a matter of interest, when would one use the 24 mbps selection as I dont know the difference. I would be grateful if somebody could take the time to explain.

Thanks

Robert
ynotfish
[Post New]
Robert -

Your camera - the Panasonic HDC-TM10 - records (in HA mode) @17MBps, so you may not have a great deal of use for the 24MBps profile. Higher bitrates are generally most useful for action shooting.

"All the films worked very well and there was no noticable difference in quality..." - so your transition issue is a thing of the past?

Cheers - Tony

Theshadowsback [Avatar]
[Post New]
Tony, my fingers are crossed

Robert
[Post New]
Hello,

I am a newbie to Powerdirector (and video editing), having just purchased PD12. I am having the same problem as stated above (which seems to have had similar problems with earlier versions). When using the cross fade transistion, the second video freezes for about 1 second. It happens in both preview and final movie output (I have tried a few different options). The video was shot in HD, 24 fps, with my Canon T3i. I am editing on my laptop with i5 CPU, Windows 7, 6GB ram, Intel Graphics card. Seems like this is one of the most common transistions used (since it can be set as the default) and would appreciate any help.

Thanks!