Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Well, I have no interest in 360 video, mobile phone video, or Go pro sports stuff. So the only new feature for me is - blend modes. Sounds good, but too little to upgrade. And once again, and over and over again, I can see absolutly useless cartoonish non-professional font type presets. And my guess is, that those interested in Titler Pro plugin, will be again left in the water, with some typical company excuses ....
Maybe PD 15 has so few of innovations, that they want to capitalise on a discounted old version :
Final sale offer extended till September 12th. We can imo expect announcement the day after.
It is 7.9. here, my birthday today. So, where's my birthday present? :
Isn't PD in the same league as a Sony Vegas? My take is - either one or the other company required the partner to pay some money, or it is a plain ignorance. Give me the sources to the small wrapper DLL and I will arranget its adaptation ;
You've probably missed the thread, discussing the issue. PD13 came with the Titler Pro 1 as a bonus. You could upgrade, and the upgrade price was decent. The problem is, that the upgrade did not work with PD anymore.

I've been active - contacted CL, FX, both did not reply properly. I managed to "hack" it, so I substituted TP4 installation in Windows registry, so that I could launch it from PD. There was some watermark though.

There is just small wrapper DLL, which would take maybe few hours for a skilled programmer to update? My guess is, that there's some politics/money in the play. However - seeing TP4 supporting cca 8 NLEs and PD not being one of them, is kind of embarrassing ...
I hope PD 15 works with FX Titler Pro 4 this time ...

Just looked at the course description of new features. No need for 360 videos here, other might be more useful for us. Let's hope the list of new features/updates is longer ;
When's Power Director 15 expected? Sometimes September? If so, all features are already set in stone, no? :
Perfectly said. I already expressed my opinion to the NewBlueFX, but their reply was really vague - felt like talking to the broken machine. I am looking forward to the day, when the version 5 is out and they send me a promotion ; Of course ditto with CL.

You know - if it would be difficult to achieve, well then. But as we are almost there, I can see it as an incompetency. Now who to blame? :

Maybe I should tweet about it, making a bit bad PR, so maybe then someone finally wakes up? :
Hi,

I have a full version of Titler Pro 4 and the only export option I can actually see is the .mov As I said - I don't use it much, as it does not work with PD properly and I have better things to do, than to save as a movie, reimport into PD and continue.

CL should be really ashamed to offer Pro 1 as a plugin, and then not being able to negotiate support for newer versions. My bet, as a former programmer, is, that it would took max 1 day of work! So what we are left with is to stare at the list of other NLEs supported, or switch to some supported one ... which is never an easy task ...

-pekr-

Quote: Hi

I have a trial version of Newblue Titler pro 4 and the export movie is exlusively in mov .I
have uninstalled Quicktime for security problem and adice of Cyberlink .
So I ma embarrassing to gave an another export extension for the movie . Are they a possibility to have an another format ? I have no possibility with the trial software .Do you have a solution ?

Regards
How do you start TitlerPro 4 from the PD? I can see only Titler Pro 1 in the Titles section.
Just to stay correct - how did Titler Pro 4 mess with your PD installation? It did not mess with mine in any way.
Well, this is a business, but on the other hand, total amateurish aproach - so CL releases Titler Pro 1 as a bonus plugin, but is not able to negotiate newer versions? As I already proven, it almost works by a simple user hack. It would take a programmer few hours to adapt to the new version.

Hey - release the wrapper DLL and I will manage to tweak it, I am more an IT guy, than a videographer or photographer, I just run small studio here as a hobby :

That said, I don't give a s..t, if CL is a professional NLE or not - I am not going to invest into any new NLE, just because someone is lazy to do something about it. Brian - have you tried to bug CL or NewBlueFX about the support? :
Watermark can't be removed. And my "hack" is not a proper solution anyway, it does not work as expected, it was just a proof, that the solution would not be difficult to get supported.

In the meantime, I have contacted CL tech support, and the answer was, that I would have to contact NewBlueFX. I did so, but never got proper/direct response, just a pointer to the list of supported NLEs.

If more users would create a push to both companies, someone could do it. My "hack" above just proved, that the solution should be quite easy, as the wrapper DLL already exists.

But - you know companies. I already expressed, that if it does not work with CL, I don't buy anything else from NewBlue FX. Or I need to switch to different NLE than PowerDirector.
The upgrade price (yes, having the plugin applies) plus the Black Friday discount made around 98 EUR, so I applied. While the Titler can be run, the result is not stable and of course the watermark is the problem.

I contacted NewBlue tech support asking, if there is any chance the plugin wrapper gets updated.
Sorry to bump the topic, but after hacking few things around a bit, I managed PD14 to work with the latest Titler Pro 4.

PD basically uses small wrapper DLL to launch a titler. Via some Windows registry changes, I substituted Titler Pro 1 by the latest version.

It actually can start the new Titler Pro 4, but the SW somehow recongises it and generates a watermark cross, which can't be removed.

It is really a shame, that CL did not upgrade the plugin and is not part of other 10 systems, which actually can work with the NewblueFX Titler Pro 4.

I just wonder, if we would bug tech support enough, if they would be able to update a plugin wrapper?
Waiting for the download link. So far, I can't easily imagine the workflow - just imagine tweaking the subtitles and the need to export the video, import into library, put again on the timeline. I will see, how tiresome it is in comparison to the plugin.

Thanks for all your help!
What are the implications? How can I invoke it? And get the result back?
Hi,

so I just upgraded to the Suite 4. With our small LED screen business, I was always looking into more dynamic text/titles option for my tools. PowerPoint is easy to use, but working with Titles in PD is imo not optimal. One year ago, I received NewBlueFX Titler Pro 1, as a bonus, but it refused to work, because of insufficient gfx performance of my notebook.

Voila, with the Win 10 upgrade, it started to work. I received an option to upgrade to Titler Pro 4. Does anyone use it along with the PD 14? I would like to upgrade, but most probably only if it works as a plugin to PD, which I am not sure about ...

Thanks,

Petr
Hi,

while not directly PD14 related, I might need some assistance here. Would like to upgrade (just because I am an upgrade freak : ). I have a Suite 3 and would like to upgrade to Suite 4. Last year, I did a mistake and bought via different account.

While CL tech support merged my accounts, I somehow can't get them to switch me to my confirmed Platinum membership. There's a special Black friday discount, but I would like to know, if the Platinum membership has bigger discounts than the Silver one?

The offer runs out in 2 days, so any help is appreciated :

Thanks,

Petr
I am doing mostly a short clips for our LED screens. What I found extermly difficult/inconvenient, is the work with Text (Titles). It is so much easier to edit text in e.g. PowerPoint, animate it, etc.

I know we are talking different kind of products, yet I would welcomer more professional titler. Pity bundled Titler Pro does not work on my ntb due to the lack of more powerful gfx card ...
Go to: