Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Jeff - no problem. And I appreciate comments and suggestions

For the projector, I'm using the JVC DLA-HD350 (which has a different reference in the US, can't remember which one). It does not do frame interpolation, but supports natively the 24p quite well.
In my case, I could not get TMT to work, even with ReClock, and I tried many things, including both nVidia and ATI (am using a GT430 now). Btw I have audio in analog.

Yes, apparently many of those problems (but not all) come from this dual clock, and the fact that on Windows, the master clock is the audio one. Since they're never perfectly in sync, video frames get dropped to get them back in sync every now and then. ReClock forces the opposite: having the video clock as the master clock, and slave the audio clock to it, by resampling audio (instead of dropping audio frames).

Guys, my purpose here was not to create a thread for getting ads for other vendors
I'm a Cyberlink customer, and would like to stay there. As I said, apart from this problem, I'm pretty satisfied. But this problem is pretty big, and I'm just afraid that someday, ReClock will no more be supported...
Quote:
Hi thanks for your valuable feedback, it has been forwarded to our team to study and internal discussion
br
Michael

Many thanks Michael.
Would be interested to know what the team thinks about that.

Also would be interested to know what other users can achieve, maybe these issues are so dependent on the TV/Projector used that some are not noticing this.
Hi,

Since I've been a PDVD customer, I've never been able to get an acceptable, fluid playback until I started using ReClock. It was true with 10, 11 and it's also true with 12.
At each upgrade I secretly hope that I will not need ReClock anymore, that instead of a new fancy feature we'll get perfect playback out of the box, but it's still there. After some minutes of viewing, stutter, judder or jerkiness (whatever you want to call it) occur. For the record, I have the same problem with other solutions - PDVD + ReClock is for my setup the best solution so far.

I'm using a recent HW, i5 and GT430, connected to a video projector, which make the stutter and frame drops very noticeable. My nVidia card has a custom refresh rate that is set to 23.9759 or something, so very close to the framerate.

From my understanding, stutter in Blu-Rays happen because of 3 reasons:
1/ film framerate does not match the video card refresh rate
-> you can set the video refresh rate to match almost exactly the framerate, but it's never exact, and a drift still occurs

But even if you do so and have a perfect match, you're still left with stutter:
2/ audio and video clocks different, and audio clock = master => when they reach a certain level of out of sync, video frames are dropped. And before those are drops, you can notice some lipsync issues.
3/ video vsync: when not locked in an appropriate value, it will roll and sometimes be presented too early or too late => those frames are either dropped or repeated (that depends on the TV or projector used I guess)

ReClock will:
- force the video frame rate to match EXACTLY, when possible, the video card refresh rate
- in order to do so, have the AUDIO clock to be slave to the video clock (instead of the contrary above), by doing audio resampling: not noticeable
- in addition, optionally lock VSYNC to an appropriate value that will never cause a frame to be dropped -> needed with PDVD

Thanks to this 3 actions, it will allow a movie to play from beginning to end with not a single frame dropped or repeated.

Now is the question:
Why isn't this implemented inside PDVD?
Why do I have to add a software to transform the approximate quality out of PDVD to a good quality?

It's a pitty because, except that I'm pretty satisfied overall.
Quote:
In 10 I used Reclock to stop the judder while playing iso images. Reclock doesn't work with 12 so I get bad judder on fast pan shots.
Does anybody have a solution - should this just not work without 3rd party software?

ReClock has now been updated to support PDVD 12.

I've upgraded (trial so far) 11 to 12 to test, and so far (I have an nVidia with a custom refresh rate matching almost exactly 23.976):
- without ReClock: as with all previous versions, can't reach a stutter free playback. It will play fine for 5-10mn, and then stutter during long minutes before coming back normal. From ReClock forum, I understand this to be a vsync problem - PDVD probably does not lock vsync appropriately
- with ReClock (with vsync enabled on both "VMR9, EVR or Haali renderer" and "DXVA"): silky smooth playback, no single frame drop or repeated

Bottom line is: PDVD12, as PDVD11 and previous versions, does not come out of the box "stutter free", at least not in my setup. But actually I have the same issue with competitor products.
Go to: