Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 12 review link
vbdino [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 24, 2011 08:54 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
This is a review of PowerDVD 12 I found.

http://www.missingremote.com/review/cyberlink-powerdvd-12
flogger123 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 24, 2012 08:22 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
Cool! I'm not too excited yet on this release. Still checking for some reported issues.
Simon617 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 02, 2012 04:28 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I upgraded from Powerdvd 10 to 12 and its not been a happy swap.

In 10 I used Reclock to stop the judder while playing iso images. Reclock doesn't work with 12 so I get bad judder on fast pan shots.

Does anybody have a solution - should this just not work without 3rd party software?

Also the region code section says I only have 4 changes left out of 5 - why? I have not changed it!

Not very happy especially as I have uninstalled 10 and it probably will not reinstall as I upgraded from 8.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Simon617,

you may contact reclock maker for support.

PowerDVD 12 includes own mechanism to adjsut Display refresh rate to the content.

BR
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
kevinfritz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 09, 2012 12:49 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Also the region code section says I only have 4 changes left out of 5 - why? I have not changed it!

Whether you realized it or not, the very first time you set the region, it decrements by one. The only way it would be 5 of 5 left is if you had never set the region.
crisliv [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 14, 2012 18:05 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
In 10 I used Reclock to stop the judder while playing iso images. Reclock doesn't work with 12 so I get bad judder on fast pan shots.
Does anybody have a solution - should this just not work without 3rd party software?

ReClock has now been updated to support PDVD 12.

I've upgraded (trial so far) 11 to 12 to test, and so far (I have an nVidia with a custom refresh rate matching almost exactly 23.976):
- without ReClock: as with all previous versions, can't reach a stutter free playback. It will play fine for 5-10mn, and then stutter during long minutes before coming back normal. From ReClock forum, I understand this to be a vsync problem - PDVD probably does not lock vsync appropriately
- with ReClock (with vsync enabled on both "VMR9, EVR or Haali renderer" and "DXVA"): silky smooth playback, no single frame drop or repeated

Bottom line is: PDVD12, as PDVD11 and previous versions, does not come out of the box "stutter free", at least not in my setup. But actually I have the same issue with competitor products.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 22. 2012 12:37

Simon617 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 02, 2012 04:28 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for your reply crisliv, I will update the the new version of reclock
Stephen108 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 27, 2010 03:15 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
If you want to revert to PDVD10: since it was an upgrade from PDVD8, you need to reinstall version 8 and then upgrade again to version 10. I assume that you saved the upgrade 10 version download so that you can re-upgrade from that download.