Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi PowerDirector team ... Youtube annotation ...

I want a way to make my Vlog videos super easy to navigate ... so as the video plays the viewer can see toggles (or something) on the video play bar indicating that there is a chapter heading at that point. If they mouse over the chapter name can pop up. It would be great if this worked directly from the 'Chapter room'.

Currently it can be done from youtube, but its not an elegant or flexible solution.

This would be useful for longer videos where users are encouraged to jump around the video and not view it from A to Z ... and for using other youtube 'annotation' features.

Thanks

Tom

Quote Dear PowerDirector Users,

Please use this thread to submit suggestions for future versions of PowerDirector. Suggestions can be any of the following:

- UI or usability improvements.

- program feature improvements.

- main program features*.

Note: the suggestions from the previous thread have been summarized and are being reviewed by the PowerDirector development team. The previous thread has been closed (which you can view here for reference).

This new thread has been started to try and keep things more organized. CyberLink's product development team will review the suggestions periodically. Suggestions could get implemented in either patch updates, or in the next full version of PowerDirector, depending on product development team availability and the scope of the change.

Note: do not use this thread to issue complaints or report bugs. For these, please contact customer support. Bug and complaint posts will be removed from the thread.

We want to stress that there is no guarantee that your suggestions will get implemented, but we can guarantee that product development team will review them. So please enter them below!

Please see the PowerDirector Feature Suggestions in the readme for more information.

* the planning phase for PowerDirector 16 has ended, so any new main program feature suggestions will be considered for version 17 and beyond.
Hi Ronk

Did you ever find a way of annotating videos from PowerDirector to Youtube ... and doing the work in powerDirector?

Tom

Quote I produce DVDs with menus and chapters. But from the same projects when I tell Powerdirector to produce a file (to put on the internet) instead of a DVD, I do not get the chapters where the user can skip to the next chapter instead of trying to find it using fast-forward. Is there a way to put a chaptered video on youtube, vimeo, or anywhere on the net?
Hi Forum

I have several clips. Some have slow motion, others are at normal speed. When I add transitions to these clips (and between these clips) I loose the slow motion. In fact if I do anything to these clips (move them on the time line, add light adjustments, opacity etc.) the slow motion is lost.

How do I keep slow motion and use other features?

Thanks

Tom
Carl

Thanks for the idea about the big backdrop. I've got a large background as well ... the problem is that using 16:9 ratio, and wanting a full body shot, with 1.5 meters (7 ft) floor space, then the set needs to be at least 6 meters (18 feet) wide. My studio is not that big... and secondly, Its a challenge to get that large an area with flat lighting, especially working on a micro-budget... But I'm getting there! I'll keep you posted.

Tom

Quote Wow! Thanks for all the suggestions. I will start experimenting. 1) I will photograph the empty studio first and use thoes photos instead of a colour board.2) I'll try the 4:3 rendering option.The
probelm is when using 16:9 the studio needs to be really wide to get a
full standing body shot.... especially when the model wants to move
around. I guess anyone with a tiny studio and wanting to work in 16:9
will face this problem... its why so many YouTube videos are filmed on
green screen, then get a 'homey' or 'dramatic' background inserted.
Again ... easy enough for a stationary model ... but a dancing teenager!Re
the model ... yes my daughter is very beutiful ... its actually her
video ... she's covering 'Starman' by Bowie for a school project.Thanks for your suggestions! I will report back.Tom
The best thing to do is to have a background that is much wider than the one you are using.

A cheap background is a king size bed sheet. Bed sheets have many colors.

There is all kinds of materials available to use for photographic backgrounds. Of course you can buy real photo backgrounds. They can be very costly.

Wow! Thanks for all the suggestions. I will start experimenting.

1) I will photograph the empty studio first and use thoes photos instead of a colour board.

2) I'll try the 4:3 rendering option.

The probelm is when using 16:9 the studio needs to be really wide to get a full standing body shot.... especially when the model wants to move around. I guess anyone with a tiny studio and wanting to work in 16:9 will face this problem... its why so many YouTube videos are filmed on green screen, then get a 'homey' or 'dramatic' background inserted. Again ... easy enough for a stationary model ... but a dancing teenager!

Re the model ... yes my daughter is very beutiful ... its actually her video ... she's covering 'Starman' by Bowie for a school project.

Thanks for your suggestions! I will report back.

Tom

Quote Hi,

This is a bit of a quick attempt, just using PD and no other image editing software to show the principle so it would need some fine tuning.

Make a custom colour board of the best shade of white to match your backdrop - use the color picker to try different tones.

Place the custom board on Track 1

Clip/images on Track 2

Apply a mask - but the stock PD ones may not be wholly suitable, I used the feathered circular one to test.

Play around with the position and size to mask out the offending background.

In principle it works BUT a lot will depend on the lighting, the in frame movement and the shape/design of the mask.

Custom masks can be made in other image editing sofware and imported to PD.

Might be a solution??

Cheers

Adrian
Hi Forum

In my studio my white back drop is 3 meters wide. When I film in 16:9 I also film areas to the left and right of the backdrop.... so I capture areas of dirty wall, and piles of junk. I'd like to get rid of all of this so my final video looks like its in a much bigger studio... so it looks like the backdrop is 5 meters wide. I don't want any fancy effects... so the entire 16:9 screen is white.

Can someone point me in the direction of the correct tutorial or make suggestions how to do this.

Thanks.

Tom

p.s. don't know why the photo will not show.... sorry.

<span style="border-radius: 2px; text-indent: 20px; width: auto; padding: 0px 4px 0px 0px; text-align: center; font: bold 11px/20px 'Helvetica Neue',Helvetica,sans-serif; color: #ffffff; background: #bd081c no-repeat scroll 3px 50% / 14px 14px; position: absolute; opacity: 1; z-index: 8675309; display: none; cursor: pointer;">Save</span>
Hi there... I've been using Power Director 8 to animate a short movie. Check out youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9t162q28dk

My process is to draw the image on a chalk board, then draw / erase / photograph... repeatedly to get movement. Due to a number of factors I tend to draw many more frames than needed when the image is static (i.e. I move in the picture, but the picture I am drawing stays still). When I exit the picture, and the image starts to talk it would be great to come down to approx 15 frames per second. A friend said I should use 'Motion Blur' a feature found on most animation programs. Does Power Director 8 or PD10 have a motion blur feature? I do use bluring in the frame transition from one photo to the next, and then added anti-shake on top of that which seems to help... but really don't know what the technical difference is between these features and what would be offered on an animation program.

Looking forward to your learned guidance!

Tom
Go to: