Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
A couple questions from a new user
Huntley10784 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 07, 2011 16:42 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
The system I'm using is a Dell XPS 7100:
AMD Phenom II X6 1045 2.7ghz.
8 GB ram
64 Bit, OS Win 7
1TB HD.

Questions:

1) Is it normal to have the program freeze up so frequently when working on a project? I find that I'm saving my project every couple minutes for fear of when the program will stop working.

2) In trying to to have some rolling text with some music at the beginning of my project I followed the Power Director directions and created the rolling text, put in some music from smart sound and it works. I then "produced" this small project (only the text and music) and saved as an Mpeg-2 movie file. When I open the file it plays but without the music. When I try to install into a project, again it play but without the sound. Is there something I might be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Darrel
 Filename
Produce_1.mpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
31632 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
219 time(s)
 Filename
Bat Opening.pds
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
62 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
458 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Darrel,
As yet I haven't downloaded any of your attachments - not sure I need to.

Please can you supply and carry out the following?
1. attach a diagnostic file.
2. provide a screenshot of your project
3. Place the PD sample video clip into VT1 and produce it. Do you have audio on the finished video?

Use the guide information below.

The Smart Sound use and no audio on a finished project has been reported previously - please use Search to find out more.

I'd like you to state which SmartSound you used please?

Thanks
Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 04. 2011 11:43

Huntley10784 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the quick reply. Here's the information you asked for.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
27 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
307 time(s)
[Thumb - PRODUCED screen shot.jpg]
 Filename
PRODUCED screen shot.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
489 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
201 time(s)
[Thumb - POWER DIRECTOR 9 ULTRA SCREEN SHOT.jpg]
 Filename
POWER DIRECTOR 9 ULTRA SCREEN SHOT.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
519 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
201 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,
Thanks for the attachments. Just for starters your VGA drivers need to be updated - see guides.
Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.0029 (English)
Driver Version: 8.740.0.0
DDI Version: 10.1
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 5/17/2010 20:06:18, 591872 bytes

I'll let you get on with that before examining SS etc.

Thanks
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 04. 2011 12:39

Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Huntley

Even those of us that normally do not have any problems I have mine set to auto save every 2 minutes. When my time line gets over an hour and 20-30 minutes I save every time I do anything. Only takes a second.

By the way, the project I am worming on right now I have the same title with music. Did that part yesterday......

Update...

Dafydd hollered at me and I installed your PDS file, left everything where it was rendered it and it worked fine, but the first time I ever used or looked Smart Sound music ( I always either get or make my own) was last week to reproduce another post question. When I hit the Smart Sound button it did an update of some kind and then installed the music files.

Me personally I never use the Smart Sound clips, and never have...

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 04. 2011 16:02

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
Huntley10784 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Huntley

Even those of us that normally do not have any problems I have mine set to auto save every 2 minutes. When my time line gets over an hour and 20-30 minutes I save every time I do anything. Only takes a second.

By the way, the project I am worming on right now I have the same title with music. Did that part yesterday......

Great info. I'll set mine to do that backup every two minutes.

Thanks.
Huntley10784 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,
Thanks for the attachments. Just for starters your VGA drivers need to be updated - see guides.

Thanks
Dafydd

I did what you said and updated the ATI driver. In doing so, I still find that when viewing the "produced" clips there is zero music to be heard when the opening text is scrolling. On the other hand, when I view the clips as un-edited pds files there is music at that time playing during the scrolling text.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Huntley -

This problem is almost Phil's all over again... http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16498.page

This is weird! I opened the .pds file you posted, played it OK (audio present in preview) then produced the project to .wav, .wmv, .mpeg-2 - there was NO AUDIO in any produced file. N.B. also - there was no audio waveform in the .pds file.

Oddly, though the audio played in preview, I don't appear to have "Feature Presentation - Majesty" in my SS Library.

Replacing "Majesty" with any of the "Feature Presentation" variants made no difference. No audio in produced file. **Swapping tracks made no difference either. Starting a new project & repeating actions made no difference. No audio in produced file.

Various other SS tracks worked fine.

There's something very flaky, wobbly, inconsistent (or however you want to describe it) going on between PD9 & some SmartSound tracks.

Cheers - Tony

P.S. I can post a Dxdiag, screenshots, sample clips... but I doubt that any of it would help with this issue!

** EDIT: By "swapping tracks", I mean moving the SS file to another audio track... not changing music.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 04. 2011 15:06

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Huntley10784 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Huntley -

This problem is almost Phil's all over again... http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16498.page

This is weird! I opened the .pds file you posted, played it OK (audio present in preview) then produced the project to .wav, .wmv, .mpeg-2 - there was NO AUDIO in any produced file. N.B. also - there was no audio waveform in the .pds file.

Oddly, though the audio played in preview, I don't appear to have "Feature Presentation - Majesty" in my SS Library.

Replacing "Majesty" with any of the "Feature Presentation" variants made no difference. No audio in produced file. Swapping tracks made no difference either. Starting a new project & repeating actions made no difference. No audio in produced file.

Various other SS tracks worked fine.

There's something very flaky, wobbly, inconsistent (or however you want to describe it) going on between PD9 & some SmartSound tracks.

Cheers - Tony

P.S. I can post a Dxdiag, screenshots, sample clips... but I doubt that any of it would help with this issue!

Tony: thanks for your input too. Funny thing. I was just about to post again. I figured it's just something weird and not worth taking any more time on the subject. I went and created another example and this time I imported some different music and the now the scrolling text and music worked perfectly. Simple fix.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Please place the SS file in the music track and NOT in the voice over track.

Have you also applied the Library Update for SmartSound - I haven't and I cant produce the video. I asked Bubba to try out the project and he has applied the SS update - he was able to produce the video in the voice over track. He's on a 32bit system.

Thanks
Dafydd

Added more info.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 04. 2011 15:17

garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Phil chiming in. I am still having my problem intermittently with SS clips being produced and no audio. I have now taken to producing each segment with an SS clip independently and then using the Produced file in my final project. MOST of the time, that works, but some days it just won't go. Next day, it will.

SmartSound Tech Support (Frank) is still working on the issue. The SS track that I have been encountering the most problems with is Pavane Vow, Wow, whatever. Interestingly, I have yet to encounter any problems with SS clips that I purchased.

I will start a new topic when I eventually hear from SS Tech Support. I have been very impressed with them. This is a very elusive and inconsistent bug so I am sure that they are scratching their heads trying to identify the cause and remedy it. Patience is a virtue. You might try purchasing an SS clip and experiment with that. Also be sure to "Rebuild Database." - click on the SS icon. That has solved my problems a few times.

Have a great day, all.

Regards,
-Phil
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd -

The 32-bit/64-bit thing may be a factor. Bubba & I have found differing results previously.

In Huntley's original project, the SS clip was in the voice-over track - true - but (with that SS clip) I found it made no difference which audio track was used.

Phil - I took your advice & rebuilt the database. "Majesty" reappeared!

Sadly, when I tried to produced ANY file with it no audio was present in the produced file.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 04. 2011 16:49

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,
Just a quick note.
I have (just finished, after a very slow download) fully applied the "Launch Update" of all the Smart Sound files for PD9. Something I have avoided doing.

I have applied the pds, moved the track and created an mpg file which plays the full audio.

Earlier I mentioned I couldn't produce the audio in a production test - I hadn't allowed the SS updates to go through.

Now I'm definitely pointing the finger at needing to install and the full, all 18, updates of Smart Sound as the cause of the problem.

Thanks
Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 04. 2011 17:54

ynotfish
[Post New]
Dafydd -

When I first raised an issue with SmartSound support, I was advised:
Download and unzip this file. Open the Quicktracks folder that was unzipped, right click the "Setup.exe" file and choose "Run as administrator" to install it. The free music will also be added as a part of this installation. If you already had the Quicktracks plugin installed, you should already have the "SmartSound Common Data" there as well, so you should not need to run the Common Data installer.

Checking the SS module, I found:

but I downloaded the file again (including SS Common Data) & installed them, after reading your post... Updated Core Foundations, after prompt... then rebuilt the SS database.

1. Replicated Phil's Pavane issue... no audio in produced file, whatever audio track was used.
2. Replicated Huntley's Feature Presentation issue... no audio in produced file, whatever audio track was used. (by the way, "Mystery" has disappeared in the course of that update)

Both these tracks are part of the Core Foundations update.

My next step will be to do a complete uninstall of PD etc then reinstall everything, including the QuickTracks/Common Data update.

Then, I'll re-install my purchased albums!

I'm very pleased to hear that you and Bubba aren't having any difficulties with it!

Cheers - Tony
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Tony,
Please go at the re-install without running the QTracks installer route as a separate action.

Carry out the install of PD9 as a standard operation and then activate Magic Music to trigger the updater - 175mb with 18 updates. It's a slow download and update process.

Then test and see what the results are, please tell us.

Thanks
Dafydd.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Hi,

Thanks
Dafydd

I did what you said and updated the ATI driver. In doing so, I still find that when viewing the "produced" clips there is zero music to be heard when the opening text is scrolling. On the other hand, when I view the clips as un-edited pds files there is music at that time playing during the scrolling text.

That was the answer for part one of your question - it should have corrected your stuttering display.
Thanks
Dafydd