Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Good point ... I actually have 2, 2GB sticks of RAM in my laptop ... I could pop one out and see what happens

I was just curious especially considering with PowerDirector 9, CyberLink advertizes to the effect ... "XP can only use 1 byte of RAM ... with our 64bit build, in Windows 7 you can now use 999 billion gazillion bytes of RAM and get screaming performance!"

Some graphs are shown ... but they do not show the system stats ...

Thanks ...
Thanks ... the link gave me some ideas.

I don't think it is PD9's fault necessarily ...

One might think though that there would be an option like "burn from folder" option especially considering there is a "create a folder" option.

It just seems backwards to now go and use a completely different tool to "get things to work".

Thanks again ...
Are there any types of data to the effect ...

With system X and 2GB of RAM ... speed to produce file was X.
With system X and 4GB of RAM ... speed to produce file was X - A.
With system X and 6GB of RAM ... speed to produce file was X - A - B.
Etc ...

It would be cool to maybe see the point of diminising returns ...

Of course that point may vary depending on CPU and/or video card but it would give you an idea ...

It would also be cool to see video card related info like ...
With system X and video card 1000 ... speed to produce file was X.
With system X and video card 2000 ... speed to produce file was X - A.
With system X and video card 3000 ... speed to produce file was X - A - B.
Etc ...

Thanks ...
I found this topic (click) that speaks of a hidden folder PP.TWOPASS.

Maybe this is what I am missing? I need to change my directory settings to see hidden files and see if I see this and copy that over.

Other ideas?
Did you ever get it to work?

I am kind of in the same boat as you.

Dell Laptop 1558
I5-520
AMD 5470 - Latest Drivers (Avivo, Hydravision)

Avivo works via Catalyst.

PD9 in "production" though does not allow be to. In the configuration I can, but not in actually production.
CROSS probably for every reason already mentioned ...

Created slide slow ... added music ... I then applied the transitions ... my pictures no longer aligned with my music.

Did not catch that until a little bit ... I had to go back and redo all of my transitions to CROSS.
I have a Dell Laptop 1558 with an I5-520 and an AMD 5470 video card with 4GB RAM and Windows 7 Pro.

I have installed these drivers along with Avivo and Hydravision.

PowerDirector 9 still does not have the hardware accelleration options available for "producing". I can enable it the preferences, but when it comes to producing or burning, I do not have these options.

When I go to Catalyst I can run Avivo fine enough.

I think my I5 is handling things really well. During production it is nice to see all 4 threads moving and even pegged at 100% somtimes as far as CPU utilation is concerned.

I know that my 5470 is far from heavy duty as far as the other options in the 5000 series, but it would be cool just to see it work in PD9.

Does anyone else have this combination (or seen it) and what have been your results?

Thanks ...
Is there a trick to get this to work?

I have created my project ... I have burned to disk.

I pop it in my DVD player or BR player ... the world is good

I select "Create a Folder" because I do not want to have to "burn" (pun intended) 25 minutes (for a 55 minute DVD on a I5-520 Mobile - is that about right?) each time I want to create a new DVD.

When I pop in a blank DVD, Window's 7 (Professional) pops up want I want to do. I tell it to burn a new DVD using Windows Explorer with the CD/DVD creation option. I drop the 2 directories AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS and click burn. 3 minutes later for 1.4GB it is done. Obviously this is MUCH better than 25 minutes.

In my laptop ... it plays great.

I pop it in my DVD or BR players though ... I get "bad disk" errors.

What am I doing wrong?

Ideas?

Thanks ...

Edit:

My first post ... be gentle

I can get around it by creating an image of the DVD with another application and burning that image. Still frustrating though ...
Go to: