Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Burning Folder Creation
The Oak [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 16, 2010 08:17 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a trick to get this to work?

I have created my project ... I have burned to disk.

I pop it in my DVD player or BR player ... the world is good

I select "Create a Folder" because I do not want to have to "burn" (pun intended) 25 minutes (for a 55 minute DVD on a I5-520 Mobile - is that about right?) each time I want to create a new DVD.

When I pop in a blank DVD, Window's 7 (Professional) pops up want I want to do. I tell it to burn a new DVD using Windows Explorer with the CD/DVD creation option. I drop the 2 directories AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS and click burn. 3 minutes later for 1.4GB it is done. Obviously this is MUCH better than 25 minutes.

In my laptop ... it plays great.

I pop it in my DVD or BR players though ... I get "bad disk" errors.

What am I doing wrong?

Ideas?

Thanks ...

Edit:

My first post ... be gentle

I can get around it by creating an image of the DVD with another application and burning that image. Still frustrating though ...

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Dec 16. 2010 08:30

Dell Studio 1558 (laptop) * I5-520 * AMD HD 5470 * 4GB RAM - 1066MHz DDR3 * 320GB 7200RPM Hard Drive * Windows 7 Pro 64 bit * BluRay Burner
The Oak [Avatar]
[Post New]
I found this topic (click) that speaks of a hidden folder PP.TWOPASS.

Maybe this is what I am missing? I need to change my directory settings to see hidden files and see if I see this and copy that over.

Other ideas? Dell Studio 1558 (laptop) * I5-520 * AMD HD 5470 * 4GB RAM - 1066MHz DDR3 * 320GB 7200RPM Hard Drive * Windows 7 Pro 64 bit * BluRay Burner
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
No not a TWOPASS folder issue at all. Most likely the type of DVD you are burning, data or video. Computers can read both, many DVD players will only read a video DVD. The link below should help you
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Burn-a-CD-or-DVD-in-Windows-Media-Center

I'd actually suggest using one of many free or purchased burn utilities, Power2Go, ImgBurn....

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 16. 2010 12:42

The Oak [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks ... the link gave me some ideas.

I don't think it is PD9's fault necessarily ...

One might think though that there would be an option like "burn from folder" option especially considering there is a "create a folder" option.

It just seems backwards to now go and use a completely different tool to "get things to work".

Thanks again ... Dell Studio 1558 (laptop) * I5-520 * AMD HD 5470 * 4GB RAM - 1066MHz DDR3 * 320GB 7200RPM Hard Drive * Windows 7 Pro 64 bit * BluRay Burner
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: One might think though that there would be an option like "burn from folder" option especially considering there is a "create a folder" option.

It just seems backwards to now go and use a completely different tool to "get things to work".

I guess it is all just a matter of opinion. I would totally prefer that PD focus the dev $’s on video editing, that's its strong suite. As long as PD can consistently author and provide a folder for burning I’m fine using a different utility to actually do the burn. The burn utilities are much better and offer burn verification, disc spanning, project compression, multiple copies, …on and on.

Jeff
The Oak [Avatar]
[Post New]
I just thought I would report that the actual folder created by PowerDirector 9 is indeed valid.

Using another product that I got with my laptop, I was able to burn the directory structure created my Power Director 9 successfully to DVD.

Perhaps Windows Explorer was not "closing" the DVD correctly? It is hard to say. The issue here is ... Microsoft

My point again, I was able to drag and drop the CyberLink created directories using another product, burn it to DVD, and my DVD players played just find.

FYI Dell Studio 1558 (laptop) * I5-520 * AMD HD 5470 * 4GB RAM - 1066MHz DDR3 * 320GB 7200RPM Hard Drive * Windows 7 Pro 64 bit * BluRay Burner
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
You just need to make sure that it is a Video DVD and not a Data DVD. Not all stand alone players will play a data DVD even though you have burned the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS files to it. See the attached pic for both the autoplay option in windows as well as the media center option for burning a DVD in windows. What you want is "Burn a DVD video disc" in the autoplay, or "Video DVD" in the windows media center. Notice the difference between "Data" and "Video" burn capability. As I indicated, most burn utilities figure this out for you when then notice you are burning a DVD folder structure and handle it behind the scene.

Glad you got something to work for you, I know of nothing really wrong with PD's DVD folders, they work fine.

Jeff
[Thumb - burn.jpg]
 Filename
burn.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
127 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
238 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 20. 2010 19:17

Missy3XL [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 02, 2011 18:34 Messages: 55 Offline
[Post New]
Good morning,

I have been searching for a PD9 / Power2Go thread today as I'm new to Power2Go, and nearly new to PD9.

I've found that my free Power2Go 5.5 is pretty nifty to burn my PD9 Video folders with the video and audio ts files.

But reading the previous posting I gather I should be setting my Power2Go to "Burn Video/Photo Disc DVD ?

But I've been setting My Power2Go to Burn "Data" and for instance, not half an hour ago I burnt the telly series Dark Skies onto DVD using the Power2Go setting of Burn "Data" and it played perfectly on our telly DVD player.

But I want to get it absolutely right so I should burn my PD9 movie created folders in Power2Go with a setting Burn Video/Photo Disc ?

Thanks.

Stephanie.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
If you really want a curve ball...
Use PowerDirector to create your folder.
Use P2Go to burn it as a data DVD, but
Don't add the collective folder, instead...

Drag and drop the videoTS and the audioTS folders individually into your P2Go project.

The program will ask you if you want to make the DVD Data disk compatible with DVD players(TV)...or something like that.
Say YES.

Now, if there is any room left on your DVD, you can add the photos and videos, music, whatever you used in your PowerDirector project, on that same disk, to archive your material. You will have a DVD that will play on your TV player, and the source-files, all on 1 DVD.

So glad I could confuse the hell out of you. G'nite.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 25. 2011 20:58

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Missy3XL [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 02, 2011 18:34 Messages: 55 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there Barry and many thanks for your input.

I made a Power2Go 'how to' file with your instructions and will be following them up next week.

Stephanie.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Take note that the source-files will NOT play in your DVD player, but you'll be able to access them if you put your DVD in a computer, for printing, whatever.
You can even export your PD project (Pack Project Materials) and have the PPM on that disk.
Much depends of course on how much will fit.
A DVD tops out at 4.7 GB. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
A DVD tops out at 4.7 GB.

Unless it is a Double layer DVD, then it is 8.5 GB. Single layer BluRay is 25 GB. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
Are you trying to make me crabby?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 26. 2011 10:33

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)