Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
ATI Catalyst version 10.12 Video Card Drivers Available Now
OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
New Drivers available today, version 10.12.

Note: They are previewing a new Control Center software, so make sure to download the stuff you want.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx?src=CCC-CheckForDriverUpdates Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
ASUS GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2GB GPU
1 TB RAID 1 (mirrored) Drive Array
Several scratch drives for video, TMP, pagefile.
OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
The new control center seems decent, so I would just go ahead and download the version with the preview control center option. But, that's just me Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
ASUS GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2GB GPU
1 TB RAID 1 (mirrored) Drive Array
Several scratch drives for video, TMP, pagefile.
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the advice, but would mention that the control centre is not much use with a non AMD motherboard, at least not an HP Pegatron motherboard.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
AllenChicago [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Chicago (USA) Joined: Jan 28, 2010 22:06 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
Looks like Catalyst is now missing the ATI Overdrive feature in its menu. I downloaded a similar product from AMD this week called "Fusion", but it was RAM-hungry, even when the PC was idle. Would love to have the ATI Overdrive integrated back into in Catalyst Control Center once again.

When I click on the "release notes" link at the download page, I get a "Oops, page has been moved" error page.
http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx#1

BTW...anyone know how to force PD9 to use more CPU/RAM during the HiDef to DVD-HD conversion and burning process? I have a 64-bit Windows 7 computer, but PD9 uses the same amount of resources as PD8. In other words, I don't see any speed improvement. Any special settings, or tweaks recommended? T.I.A.

-Allen

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 13. 2010 22:57

James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
AllenChicago - I think I saw your memory issue posted in another thread a while back. You would be better off to start a new thread. It would get looked at more often that way. I don't have 64-bit Windows, so I can't help you. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
AllenChicago [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Chicago (USA) Joined: Jan 28, 2010 22:06 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Jamie. I don't have an indigenous memory issue.. was just wondering how to force PD9 to tax the computer a little harder to get jobs done faster. I only asked about the missing ATI Overdrive module in Catalyst Control Center because this is a CCC related thread. Wouldn't want to start an entirely new thread for minor questions like these.
-Allen

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 13. 2010 22:54

James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
No question is too small. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
AllenChicago [Avatar]
[Post New]
The new Beta version of Catalyst Control Center was really great for me because for the first time, the window now fully fits my 22 inch Samsung monitor screen. The "GPU Scaling" feature in the new CCC did the trick. Prior to this, there was a 2 inch black void around all four corners of the desktop. Thankyou "OnTheWeb" for alerting us to the new Beta CCC's availability. Cheers!
-Allen
The Oak [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 16, 2010 08:17 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
I have a Dell Laptop 1558 with an I5-520 and an AMD 5470 video card with 4GB RAM and Windows 7 Pro.

I have installed these drivers along with Avivo and Hydravision.

PowerDirector 9 still does not have the hardware accelleration options available for "producing". I can enable it the preferences, but when it comes to producing or burning, I do not have these options.

When I go to Catalyst I can run Avivo fine enough.

I think my I5 is handling things really well. During production it is nice to see all 4 threads moving and even pegged at 100% somtimes as far as CPU utilation is concerned.

I know that my 5470 is far from heavy duty as far as the other options in the 5000 series, but it would be cool just to see it work in PD9.

Does anyone else have this combination (or seen it) and what have been your results?

Thanks ... Dell Studio 1558 (laptop) * I5-520 * AMD HD 5470 * 4GB RAM - 1066MHz DDR3 * 320GB 7200RPM Hard Drive * Windows 7 Pro 64 bit * BluRay Burner