Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I've got a good grip of all this now (I think and hope!) and I find it very interesting. Though I consider myself new to editing etc I have done a very little before, hence the join date of 2012. I hardly participated then.

My editing is progressing well and when I've finished I'll render to 4k as I think there is a considerable difference. I know that the camera I use is good (Panasonic HC-VX870).

My PC shouldn't face much of a problem in rendering as its quite powerful and well maintained.

Thankyou everyone who kindly took the time to advise me, it's really appreciated. Sorry if the basic questions were a bit, er, basic.
Excuse me if this is a basic question with an obvious answer. I recorded my video in 4k MP4 and capture by PowerDirector 15 didn't work. The video was therefore transferred to my PC and editing is now in progress.

When I get to the end of editing and want to finalise the video, will I be able to get 4k? I have a 4k LG OLED TV, that's why I'm keen on this.

Again, I'm new at this video editing and haven't information on the subject (I downloaded PD15 and haven't a manual) - rather than searching the internet I thought I'd ask the experts.

Thanks for any information.
Thankyou everyone! I can now edit my video after exporting from camera to PC. Still annoying that PowerDirector isn't doing its full job but at least I can get to edit.

Once again, thanks.
I have PowerDirector 15 Ultimate. All functions appear to work accept for video capture. My camera is a Panasonic HC-VX870 which I record videos in 4k MP4 mode. I thought 4K was, well, 4K, maybe there's variations. When I connect the camera to my PC by USB cable, with the camera on replay mode and indicating connection to the computer, it is shown as source 'F'. When I change the input on the capture screen to 'F' it says cannot capture (words to that effect). I'm sure the camera is ready for the upload so why doesn't PowerDirector recognise it automatically and why does it say it doesn't recognise the coding etc? I'm new at this but am a competent (but not professional) computer user. I've checked the camera setting and it is as stated. AVCSD is not activated.

My desktop computer - Intel i7, GEForce 960 graphics card, mainly empty 2kb hard disk, 16 gb memory.

Any help I'd be really grateful!
Go to: