Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
BillyR is correct - some video formats need to be converted to a more stable format like MPEG4 before you start editing them..
Also, PowerDirector has a bug where the audio track gets 'busted' away from the Video track all by itself. This will cause a time displacement twix audio & video.
Eg. If you drag/extend the length of a Title clip by a second near the beginning of a video, every so often, all video clips after that point are 'busted' and their audio is now out of sync by 1 second. You can't see that this has happened until you save & re-load the project.
I just place a blank Title in the title track that covers the section of the video clip I am working on.. This blank title is a bit longer than the video clip section. I select this blank title clip and press Play.. You can move this dummy clip along as you work on different sections..
Ref: "How do I keep PowerDirector from going back to the beginning every single time I reach the end of playing my video tracks?"
You can keep a dummy blank "Title" a few seconds past the end of the track.. This allows you time to click Pause before the position marker defaults back several miles to the beginning of the track.
PS.. There is a trick that saves me alot of manual re-typing..
I open the PDS file in WordPad (Word wrap on);
Search for text "TITLE_USERDATA_ALIAS"
(This positions to the first Title text...)
Block & copy that text - Paste into the other document..
Press F3 to find the next Title Text and repeat this process.
PS.. You only get the first 200 char of the text.. You have to manually re-type any text > 200 char.
Still saves alot of time.
I doubt you have seen the last of 'crashing'..
PowerDirector is famous for 'crashing'.. If you google ["Power Director" crashes], you get 60,000 hits!
Mine crashes several times a day. I suspected my old PC so I bought a new more powerful PC.. No difference! Still crashes with same frequency. I have to save my work every few minutes in rotating project names. I suspect 1000s of PD users just put up with it because there are not many other options.
PowerDirector is famous for 'crashing'.. Mine crashes several times a day. Like AndresR, I suspected my old PC so I bought a new more powerful PC.. No difference. Still crashes with same frequency. I have to save my work every few minutes in rotating project names.
If you google ["Power Director" crashes], you get 60,000 hits.
How can I copy or export the text FROM the 50+ titles in a PD10 title track to Eg. Notepad?
There is a "Copy" button in Title Edit mode but you then can't paste into another application.
Currently, I have to open each title and manually re-type the content into notepad.
Go to: