Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to Stop Rewinding After Clip Preview Ends?
[Post New]
I want to review the end of a long clip several times. When it finishes, it rewinds to the beginning of the long timeline. This adds a lot of work to keep repositioning.

Is there a setting somewhere to stop rewinding on preview end?

Thanks,
-VinceB
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
OOPs my first suggestion doesn't work !

Aha, Another try. ! Split the video where you want for it to repeat. In the preview windows select "Seek By" right below the movie button. Select "segment". It should repeat only that segment of the clip.

Let us know if that is what you were looking for.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jul 20. 2013 10:57

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Anything in this thread help?

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29169.page

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
[Post New]
Thanks for the links and suggestions.

Timeline Markers help but they do not solve the issue. The Seek By has no affect on this problem. While working on the current frame in a long movie, located at the end of course, it keeps slamming me back to the beginning. It rewinds to the beginning like video players should, but this is a detailed editor and not a video player. At least text editors don't throw you to the top of a document just because you page down to the bottom. Others have requested this huge irritating time waster so I guess I'll live with it.

I'll start creating markers and keep hitting shift right arrow to get back to the hot spot.

The other thing I would want is a fast rewind but the previous key with a Seek By Second is close enough for now.

In the bright side, after a decade of Pinnacle bugs and a long evaluation of other products, I'm a thrilled PowerDirector user. This product is solid with very few crashes and some serious features. If they keep listening to paying customers and update the software like they do, CyberLink will be on the top of my list for everything including upgrades.

-Vince
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
VinceB,
Have you thought about using Pause instead of Stop.

When you pause the video in powerdirector, the cursor does not move. And you can move the cursor manually (drag it) or by typing a time code in the preview time code.

In Clp mode, Stop takes the cursor to the beginning of the Clip. Movie mode, Stop takes the cursor to the beginning of the movie.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Eugen157
Senior Contributor Location: Palm Springs area, So.CA Joined: Dec 10, 2012 13:57 Messages: 662 Offline
[Post New]
There are also the commands "home" and "End". I use them a lot when trying to look at the last clip only.

Eugene 73s, WA6JZN ex DL9GC
CYBERLINK PLEASE ADD UHD BLU RAY BURNING SOFTWARE
PD14,
Win10,64bit.CPU i7 6700,16GB ,C= 480 GB SSD ,GPU GTX1060 6GB 1 fan. Plus 3 int, 4 ext HDD's for video etc.LG WH16NS40 reads UHD.
4K 24" ViewSonic monitor.Camera Sony FDR-A
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
The feature is often called loop playback, with luck CL might implement something similar in a future version, but at present I think we are stuck with various workarounds.

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
BrianLeTech [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Brisbane Joined: Sep 08, 2012 00:06 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I just place a blank Title in the title track that covers the section of the video clip I am working on.. This blank title is a bit longer than the video clip section. I select this blank title clip and press Play.. You can move this dummy clip along as you work on different sections..