Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Prevent Starting at Beginning Every Time I Reach the End
pastelskies [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Ontario, California Joined: Jul 22, 2013 01:02 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
How do I keep PowerDirector from going back to the beginning every single time I reach the end of playing my video tracks? I want it to stop where I left off, so I don't have to re-scroll all over again hundreds of times.

Also, How do I get it to play all my clips without me having to Select All every single time? Right now it just wants to play the single track selected, or selecting all with select all the media in the list up top, & not my tracks & I don't want that extra hassle. I want it to play everything non-stop until reaching the end, or me telling it to stop.

Thank you for any help,
Ruth
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: How do I keep PowerDirector from going back to the beginning every single time I reach the end of playing my video tracks? I want it to stop where I left off, so I don't have to re-scroll all over again hundreds of times.

Also, How do I get it to play all my clips without me having to Select All every single time? Right now it just wants to play the single track selected, or selecting all with select all the media in the list up top, & not my tracks & I don't want that extra hassle. I want it to play everything non-stop until reaching the end, or me telling it to stop.

Thank you for any help,
Ruth

Hi Ruth,
Please use the keyboard short cuts.
For example: You've set Preview to "Movie" and then select "End" on your keyboard. The track position of the slider moves to the very end of your movie to the last media file. If the same was applied in "Clip" then the end of the clip is the slider position.

With the keyboard control of "," and "." single frame movement or when held down continuous movment of the track slider.

The Space bar for "Play" & "Pause".

I hope some of that helped.
BrianLeTech [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Brisbane Joined: Sep 08, 2012 00:06 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Ref: "How do I keep PowerDirector from going back to the beginning every single time I reach the end of playing my video tracks?"
You can keep a dummy blank "Title" a few seconds past the end of the track.. This allows you time to click Pause before the position marker defaults back several miles to the beginning of the track.