Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Interesting what may be the root cause of this - there are so many variations. - Initally, based on the articles read , I unchecked Enable hardware Video Encoder - It would in fact run, but that give the the error somewhere between 15%-20%. (again - only burning blu-ray disks) - The Win 7 64 machine I have is max memory, and max disk, including a dedicated drive for videos.. So I am beginning to suspect timing/communication between the system and the blu-ray burner? Not sure... The Hardware encoder on/off is in fact a key to moving forward. But something elses seems to be in play... I am a root cause kind of guy - but will take the fix and move on!

At a hardware level - I look for what is different - why are DVDs burned fast with no problem. In my case, I have two burners - one for DVD, one for Blu-ray - and that is significant. I burn the discs based on what equipment the person I am giving the movie to has. As I played around with SW settings to try to fix the problem for Blu-ray, in the end who knows what was set how? - so my feeling supports yours in that the encoder check is the key, and all the software reload really did was to 'reset' all the setting I played around with.

So, setting need to be changed between burning DVD's and burnign blu-ray to different burners? - Really may make sense depending on the hardware..

Over 10 years, this is my third video editing SW product - just as a hobbiest ;) - and as an old programmer find they all at one time or another force me to work around their particular 'problems'. What fun working with perpetual beta software... In fact forums and sharing like this helped me solve this. Hope this helps someone else. Thanks to all
After digesting all the articles on this error – (in my case – DVD format burned great, but got the error when trying to create Blu-ray disks), first tried to eliminate project file component / naming issues – by stripping off an AVI file and bringing it back as one entry on the timeline, with new chapter marks. No difference. Then tried a 2 min video, no difference (when burning the Blu-ray). In the end, uninstalled the software, including all preferences, and deleting all residual folder, and reinstalling. After reinstalling turned off the hardware accelerator, and the Blu-ray burned with no problem…
After digesting all the articles on this error – (in my case – DVD format burned great, but got the error when trying to create Blu-ray disks), first tried to eliminate project file component / naming issues – by stripping off an AVI file and bringing it back as one entry on the timeline, with new chapter marks. No difference. Then tried a 2 min video, no difference (when burning the Blu-ray). In the end, uninstalled the software, including all preferences, and deleting all residual folder, and reinstalling. After reinstalling turned off the hardware accelerator, and the Blu-ray burned with no problem…
Go to: