Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
thanks. Yes fully registered and i have since found a file in my cyberlink folder where I keep downloads and a text file with the keycode. One more question though, I notice that when upgrading this key code is required. will it therefore be enough to install the latest upgrade to pwd 12 ? I assume that is what you mean by original installation file?
Hello all, I probably should know the answer to this but right now my head is spinning with all that I have to remember.
You see, I have embarked on the rash course of buying a new machine. So i am in the middle of preparing myself to reinstall and transfer from the old to the new.
Is there anything I should be aware of when reinstalling PWD 12 on my new PC?
I actually cant remember if there is a product key? If so i have to find mine I have been buying the upgrades since PWD 8 but right now I am lucky to remember my own name !!

Yes I tried that, and produced the half/half image which the TV did see, but when selected basically reverted to normal screen.
This is why I was trying to achieve the more common standard used when the TV converts (not always very well) to 3D. however I am going to run a number of tests on all formats, although i havent seen the multichoice format yet, rather than waste people's time here.
as i indicated, being retired i have plenty of time to do this.

Thanks for the idea.
Quote: ho acquistato online in download l'aggiornamento a power director 12, mi è arrivata la vostra mail per scaricare il programma ma ho dovuto riformattare il computer per problemi di virus ma ora non trovo più la vostra mail per scaricare il programma come posso fare ? è importante ricevere la password per poter accedere, ma non la trovo potete rimandarla? senza la quale non posso scaricare l'aggiornamento a power director 12 che ho già acquistato. grazie

Invii la domanda nel posto sbagliato. Questa è una discussione sui formati 3D PWD
Quote:
Quote: thanks for all your replies. I will conduct another round of tests. If PWD can do it then that will be great. But sofar I have only found the L to R etc which isnt the format I was looking for. thanks again.

I thought that the LG worked on that principle. If that is not what you want, what is it?

Since your TV automatically does the conversion, why do you need to -- just have extra time on your hands?

The LG supports a number of formats which arent available in PWD, unless, as indicated in one of the replies, it only works if a 3D display device is connected, which would be surprising. The auto conversion LG does is not very effective and I wanted to see if what PWD produces, which would then be recognized by the TV as a proper 3D video, would be better.

and Yes to your question.
thanks for all your replies. I will conduct another round of tests. If PWD can do it then that will be great. But sofar I have only found the L to R etc which isnt the format I was looking for. thanks again.
thanks, but i think you are probably not familiar with the 3D formats used on smart TVs by Panasonic, LG and Samsung. It isnt anaglyph of course. as I see it the much used format used by these manufacturers which is, as i mentioned, the same as used in cinemas, passive polarized 3D isnt supported by PWD 12. frankly i am amazed that such a good product should be lacking this standard. maybe it will be patched in future. pity.
thanks for your reply. the video clip by the way is PWD11 and in Korean I think, so not much help, but i think it shows how to output 3D. I am aware of how to do this. My question was actually about the 3D standards available. I just want to make sure I am not missing anything and that the popular Cinema and TV polarized format infact isnt available in PWD 12? In which case that is a major let down.
My apologies if this has been asked before but i have spend an hour scanning the forum for this and cant find an answer. I have recently invested in an LG smart TV. Its 3D ready and amongst other things, you can convert 2D to 3D with a press of a button.
Its passive 3D as I understand it. Polarized same as you find in the Cinema. (I recently watched Gravity in 3D in the cinema and used my home LG 3D glasses.) I thought to convert some of my video to 3D using PWD 12 just to see the effect and find to my surprise (unless I am screwing this up) that PWD 12 doesnt support this widely used 3D standard, in use now by so many TV manufacturers and film producers. Am I correct in this assumption? If so, then its a massive disappointment.
Quote:
Quote: I have upgraded to PD12 from 11. It was my custom if there were photos as part of a movie, to create a slideshow and Produce it so I could then vary the playback time by changing the video speed, seeing that the various motions in the slideshow presets are fixed. However, unless In am totally losing my marbles, when I now in PD12 move to produce the slideshow, PD12 start producing the whole project. Not just the slideshow. Unless I am doing something wrong, it is now necessary to open a seperate project, load the pictures, produce the slideshow. then open the original project and import the produced slideshow video. Unless i am very much mistaken, this was different and easier in PD11???

I make slideshow in PD11 and PD12 now, did not notice any difference.
I know there are models slideshow which is mounted within a project without modify it.
But it has 1 or 2 does not accept sharing the timeline.
I think this should be your case.

thanks. i think i have this sorted now.
Quote: Hi Cusance -

You're partly on the right track. After you finish building the slideshow select Advanced Editing to return to the main timeline. That's where you can select a range to produce.

Here's a quick toot showing how http://youtu.be/NIwauYXF76I

Cheers - Tony

Right, got it. I have been using PD for years and never knew this 'range' facility existed. Guess I never had to use it.
You are obviously right if this is also how it worked in PD11. Begs the question how i use to do it ???
could be my age of course doing it one way and remembering it differently. Over 55 you are allowed to have these 'senior moments' (according to my brother, also over 55).

Thanks for the assistance.
Quote: Hi Cusance & Nina -

In this regard, PD11 & PD12 behave exactly the same way.

Mixed media in timeline
Select images - apply slideshow template
Select "Produce Video"
Slideshow inserted in timeline
Complete video produced

PD12, unlike previous versions, has the facility to produce a selected range of the project. Use the range selector & right click to produce. That will give you what you want... just insert the produced file to replace the slideshow, then you can apply video speed.

Cheers - Tony

Sorry Tony but I dont follow this. Can you please explain a bit more how one 'selects a range' as I do not seem to be able to do this. cant find it anywhere. Where is this range selector and at which point in the procedure do you use it? I can only see three options after taking the 'produce' function: Produce Video, Create Disc, and 'advanced editing' which just brings me back to the timeline screen.
thanks for pointing this out. I will look at this. however I am fairly sure that in PD11 I could just produce the slideshow which would then appear in the media room and I could then place on the timeline, deleting the older slideshow.
but Maybe i am remembering this wrongly or there was something strange about my PD11. Thanks for the heads up on this solution.
Thanks 1Nina for this further clarification. You are right, this is exactly what is happening in PD12. The slideshow is still there but still as a slideshow. you can actually go back to the individual photos. this means it hasnt been produced of course and therefore one can not use Power Tools to manage playback speed etc. I think this is a bug. (and a pain). So the only way to solve this in PD12 is to open a seperate project, import the pics etc etc etc.
Its a complete pain. Cyberlink please sort this with a patch.
Could one of you experts please let me know if this is a bug? I am sure that in pd11 you could produce a file and have it appear in your media room without having to leave the project? This is now not possible as I have indicated above. I would love some more info, maybe I am doing something wrong, but as I use this facility a lot (producing a slideshow as a video file so i can vary the playback speed) as things stand it is a bit of a pain.
I have uninstalled pd11 so cant check back. Thanks.
I have upgraded to PD12 from 11. It was my custom if there were photos as part of a movie, to create a slideshow and Produce it so I could then vary the playback time by changing the video speed, seeing that the various motions in the slideshow presets are fixed. However, unless In am totally losing my marbles, when I now in PD12 move to produce the slideshow, PD12 start producing the whole project. Not just the slideshow. Unless I am doing something wrong, it is now necessary to open a seperate project, load the pictures, produce the slideshow. then open the original project and import the produced slideshow video. Unless i am very much mistaken, this was different and easier in PD11???
Quote: Thank you for the info and advice, Mike and Dafydd.

I admit I was so freaked out yesterday morning when PD wouldn't function, that I ran here to the Forum with my question without stopping to do a Search. Now I've done that, and see the previous recent posts about this issue. Well, maybe having the topic brought back up to the top again will help somebody else notice that there is info available.

I see on the download page that there are 6 updates for PD9 which I've never seen before. The third one down is from 2011-03-08, and "Adds support for the latest NVIDIA CUDA setup kit drivers, version 3.2." But that wouldn't do me any good now, since that update is so old now, correct?

On the older posts I've now looked at, I'm not understanding all these references I'm seeing to NVIDIA drivers "versions 301.42 and 306.23." When I rolled back my driver to clear up this problem, the Properties tab calls the driver "8.17.12.6658." It must be listed differently somewhere else, but I don't know where.

I suppose your advice would be for me to sequentially run all 6 of those PD9 updates I'm now seeing, even though I understand they won't fix this incompatibility issue with NVIDIA drivers?

--I let version 10 of PD come and go, and now I've done the same with PD11, because I haven't been very happy with P9 which I find full of awkward quirks and limitations. I haven't wanted to put more money into it, finding it difficult to have faith that a newer version will be something I could be that much happier with. Looks like the current upgrade price would be $60, not much less than I've already paid. I understand that the issue with my video card would be solved at least - I just hesitate to think PD has been transformed into a program I'd actually enjoy using.

I've never changed settings to block auto-updating, I'll go look for that on the computer.

Thanks again for your help. If you have anymore input on things I've mentioned here, it would be appreciated.

Randy

This means that like me you take your NVIDIA driver updates from Microsoft. I have always found this to be the safest route as these tend to come out quite some time after NVIDIA releases them. They are therefore more tested. however the numbering is different. I installed the latest NVIDIA driver from microsoft via automatic updates which was number 10.0.0.2023
however I then had the rendering problem so widely discussed in this forum. I rolled back the driver to 8.17.12.9573 and the problem went away. PDR10 Ultra with Win7 64 bit.
Go to: