Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
3 D formats
Cusance [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 08, 2012 07:29 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
My apologies if this has been asked before but i have spend an hour scanning the forum for this and cant find an answer. I have recently invested in an LG smart TV. Its 3D ready and amongst other things, you can convert 2D to 3D with a press of a button.
Its passive 3D as I understand it. Polarized same as you find in the Cinema. (I recently watched Gravity in 3D in the cinema and used my home LG 3D glasses.) I thought to convert some of my video to 3D using PWD 12 just to see the effect and find to my surprise (unless I am screwing this up) that PWD 12 doesnt support this widely used 3D standard, in use now by so many TV manufacturers and film producers. Am I correct in this assumption? If so, then its a massive disappointment.
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I thought to convert some of my video to 3D using PWD 12 just to see the effect and find to my surprise (unless I am screwing this up) that PWD 12 doesn't support this widely used 3D standard...

Check the HELP file for what's available. And note this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLuxgSPxzBg

[Thumb - 2.JPG]
 Filename
2.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
54 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
322 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 17. 2013 10:39

Cusance [Avatar]
[Post New]
thanks for your reply. the video clip by the way is PWD11 and in Korean I think, so not much help, but i think it shows how to output 3D. I am aware of how to do this. My question was actually about the 3D standards available. I just want to make sure I am not missing anything and that the popular Cinema and TV polarized format infact isnt available in PWD 12? In which case that is a major let down.
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Understood. PD does support anaglyph 3D...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaglyph_3D
Cusance [Avatar]
[Post New]
thanks, but i think you are probably not familiar with the 3D formats used on smart TVs by Panasonic, LG and Samsung. It isnt anaglyph of course. as I see it the much used format used by these manufacturers which is, as i mentioned, the same as used in cinemas, passive polarized 3D isnt supported by PWD 12. frankly i am amazed that such a good product should be lacking this standard. maybe it will be patched in future. pity.
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I have a Lg Passive 55" 3d capable tv and a sony Ps3 wiht the sony 3D capable monitor and I can output to either and view on either
in the
Side by side format so PD does support them..my monitor is Acer and supports 3D Anaglyph red/cyan and I can view on that also.
When outputting you just have to find the one suitable for the player.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
[Post New]
PowerDirector supports micro-polarizer LCD, but the option only displays when the 3D display is connected & available.
I tried it with a Zalman 3D LCD before.
[Thumb - 3D.jpg]
 Filename
3D.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
199 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
87 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 20. 2013 00:02

Cusance [Avatar]
[Post New]
thanks for all your replies. I will conduct another round of tests. If PWD can do it then that will be great. But sofar I have only found the L to R etc which isnt the format I was looking for. thanks again.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: thanks for all your replies. I will conduct another round of tests. If PWD can do it then that will be great. But sofar I have only found the L to R etc which isnt the format I was looking for. thanks again.

I thought that the Lg worked on that principle. If that is not what you want, what is it?

Since your TV automatically does the conversion, why do you need to -- just have extra time on your hands? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Cusance [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: thanks for all your replies. I will conduct another round of tests. If PWD can do it then that will be great. But sofar I have only found the L to R etc which isnt the format I was looking for. thanks again.

I thought that the LG worked on that principle. If that is not what you want, what is it?

Since your TV automatically does the conversion, why do you need to -- just have extra time on your hands?

The LG supports a number of formats which arent available in PWD, unless, as indicated in one of the replies, it only works if a 3D display device is connected, which would be surprising. The auto conversion LG does is not very effective and I wanted to see if what PWD produces, which would then be recognized by the TV as a proper 3D video, would be better.

and Yes to your question.
cosimo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 17, 2013 06:10 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
ho acquistato online in download l'aggiornamento a power director 12, mi è arrivata la vostra mail per scaricare il programma ma ho dovuto riformattare il computer per problemi di virus ma ora non trovo più la vostra mail per scaricare il programma come posso fare ? è importante ricevere la password per poter accedere, ma non la trovo potete rimandarla? senza la quale non posso scaricare l'aggiornamento a power director 12 che ho già acquistato. grazie
Cusance [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: ho acquistato online in download l'aggiornamento a power director 12, mi è arrivata la vostra mail per scaricare il programma ma ho dovuto riformattare il computer per problemi di virus ma ora non trovo più la vostra mail per scaricare il programma come posso fare ? è importante ricevere la password per poter accedere, ma non la trovo potete rimandarla? senza la quale non posso scaricare l'aggiornamento a power director 12 che ho già acquistato. grazie

Invii la domanda nel posto sbagliato. Questa è una discussione sui formati 3D PWD
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: ho acquistato online in download l'aggiornamento a power director 12, mi è arrivata la vostra mail per scaricare il programma ma ho dovuto riformattare il computer per problemi di virus ma ora non trovo più la vostra mail per scaricare il programma come posso fare ? è importante ricevere la password per poter accedere, ma non la trovo potete rimandarla? senza la quale non posso scaricare l'aggiornamento a power director 12 che ho già acquistato. grazie

I purchased online download upgrade to power director 12, I received your e-mail to download the program but I had to reformat your computer for virus problems but now I can not find your e-mail to download the program how can I do? it is important to get the password to log in, but can not find it you can send it back? without which I can not download the update to power director 12 that I have purchased. thanks

Cosimo: You will have to contact Cyberlink support for help. We have nothing to do with the sales part of the programs. Also if you want to post a question about the use of the program, always start a new thread. Sorry.

Cosimo: Si dovrà contattare l'assistenza Cyberlink per un aiuto. Non abbiamo nulla a che fare con la parte di vendita dei programmi. Inoltre, se si desidera inviare una domanda circa l'uso del programma, iniziare sempre un nuovo thread. Mi dispiace. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
stevek
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote:

I thought that the LG worked on that principle. If that is not what you want, what is it?

Since your TV automatically does the conversion, why do you need to -- just have extra time on your hands?

The LG supports a number of formats which arent available in PWD, unless, as indicated in one of the replies, it only works if a 3D display device is connected, which would be surprising. The auto conversion LG does is not very effective and I wanted to see if what PWD produces, which would then be recognized by the TV as a proper 3D video, would be better.

and Yes to your question.

Have you just tried to convert a short video to 3D using the Power Tools and then output to a file using the Multi-view option? I'm sure your TV has a USB port so you can just output to a thumb drive. What do you get? .
Cusance [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes I tried that, and produced the half/half image which the TV did see, but when selected basically reverted to normal screen.
This is why I was trying to achieve the more common standard used when the TV converts (not always very well) to 3D. however I am going to run a number of tests on all formats, although i havent seen the multichoice format yet, rather than waste people's time here.
as i indicated, being retired i have plenty of time to do this.

Thanks for the idea.
stevek
[Post New]
You said " although i havent seen the multichoice format yet,"

It is Multi-View, not Multi-choice.

Try it and let us know how it works for you. Both of my options are active 3D so I can't play around with it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 20. 2013 15:06

GGRussell [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jan 08, 2012 11:38 Messages: 709 Offline
[Post New]
Don't confuse 3D video formats with 3D DISPLAY technology (passive or active 3D). Not one and the same.

I have an LG 3D TV and it works fine with PD11. You MUST connect the computer to a 3D display using HDMI 1.3 cable.

If you are not using 3D TV as computer monitor, you then just output a 3D VIDEO format. Burn to disc and play it back with Bluray player. You must select the 'video' format on the TV to properly view it in 3D.

For example if you output your video in side by side 3D video, you should set the TV in side by side 3D mode. On my LG, I just press the 3D button on the remote and select 'side by side'.
[Thumb - IMG_20131120_210057.jpg]
 Filename
IMG_20131120_210057.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
653 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
104 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 20. 2013 21:07

Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA
stevek
[Post New]
Thanks Gary, You have come through again ! I'm sure that the OP will use that knowledge.

It help whens you have the Hardware in place to help solve the issue rather than just saying the software is deficient.