Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
moving PWD 12
Cusance [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 08, 2012 07:29 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all, I probably should know the answer to this but right now my head is spinning with all that I have to remember.
You see, I have embarked on the rash course of buying a new machine. So i am in the middle of preparing myself to reinstall and transfer from the old to the new.
Is there anything I should be aware of when reinstalling PWD 12 on my new PC?
I actually cant remember if there is a product key? If so i have to find mine I have been buying the upgrades since PWD 8 but right now I am lucky to remember my own name !!

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
yes, you Need the product-key (CD-key) and the original Installation file (the Trial will not do the Job as it cannot be activated).

if you can't find your Key you can get it in your member account page (in case you registered the Software)
https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/member/service/index.do?lang=ENU

My Cyberlink Products > Product Management > My Products

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Cusance [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 08, 2012 07:29 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
thanks. Yes fully registered and i have since found a file in my cyberlink folder where I keep downloads and a text file with the keycode. One more question though, I notice that when upgrading this key code is required. will it therefore be enough to install the latest upgrade to pwd 12 ? I assume that is what you mean by original installation file?