Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
The problem is with longer audio, not audio clips of 5 minutes duration or shorter. If say, you wanted to use a piece of classical music, which could be longer than 30 minutes, you would encounter syncing problems, regardless of whether or not you are using MP3 or WAV. I can speak to this because I have actually tried using both audio formats with longer audio tracks.
It makes no difference whether the track is WAV or MP3. Anyone who has actually attempted to sync video with long audio tracks in PowerDirector would know that. I wish members would not make suggestions unless they have tested the solutions themselves.
I have noticed this exact problem. Modifying the speed of a clip can disrupt or damage other clips on the timeline. I have tried moving the clip to the end of the timeline before changing its speed, as J.Todd0114 does, but my experience is that there is no predictability as to the results. I have been using PowerDirector for years to make pretty complex video edits. This problem with modifying the speed of clips was never an issue for PowerDirector 10 and earlier versions. It is a source of enormous frustration to me that a program can actually become less functional with each new version, and get away with it. I personally could not care less about the many new bells and whistles touted by upgrades if the program can't do the fundamental stuff right.

My system info:

Dell XPS 8700Windows 8.1Processor: Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-4700 CPU @ 3.40GHz 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz - 2 DIMMsNVIDIA GeForce GT 635 1GB DDR3Installed Memory (RAM): 8 GBSytem Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor1TB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive 6.0 Gb/s
I have noticed the same thing for years. The longer your audio track is, the more out of sync it increasingly becomes with the video timeline. This is a fault you have to live with with PowerDirector - one of many I must say. The only run around I have found that works is to break the audio into smaller segments - as in less than, say, 4 minutes each. This may be difficult, of course, if you are using continuous music as a soundtrack, but there you have it...
I have successfully created movies with menus, so I feel like I understand how to use the program's menu creator pretty well. These comments are about the level of difficulty creating custom menus in PowerDirector 10. Basically, the interface is confusing and cumbersome: a labyrinth of of "special" windows and hidden places you have to go to do the simplest things. I want to be able to create a simple menu with a background picture, a title and "play" as text (no buttons). I don't want additional chapter menu pages, or chapter thumbnails. And I hate that every time I save when I'm in the edit mode, I have to wait for the program to save the chapter thumbnails that I don't want. More than once the program froze saving those thumbnails. I want to be able to easily position my title and play text where I want it. When I modify a custom menu, "save" is the same as "save as" - it prompts me to save the modified menu as a new menu everytime- this is infuriating! So, to start, if these concerns got addressed, I would appreciate it greatly. Thanks.
Go to: