Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio not Synced
[Post New]
I'm having an issue where the audio from a song I've added to my project is out of sync. When playing back the audio, the visual indicators are about half a second behind, leaving the visual indicators useless for identifying key points accurately. Any ideas on how to resolve this issue? Intel i7-2670QM, 2GB AMD Radeon HD 7690M XT, 500GB 840EVO SSD, 8GB DDR3, Samsung S34E790C
Mega6 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 03, 2012 19:54 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have noticed the same thing for years. The longer your audio track is, the more out of sync it increasingly becomes with the video timeline. This is a fault you have to live with with PowerDirector - one of many I must say. The only run around I have found that works is to break the audio into smaller segments - as in less than, say, 4 minutes each. This may be difficult, of course, if you are using continuous music as a soundtrack, but there you have it...
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The song may be in a mp3 format. You can convert it to wav and it may solve the problem. WaveEditor can be used.
Mega6 [Avatar]
[Post New]
It makes no difference whether the track is WAV or MP3. Anyone who has actually attempted to sync video with long audio tracks in PowerDirector would know that. I wish members would not make suggestions unless they have tested the solutions themselves.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I have no problem using mp3 at all in the music track. Most of the songs I use are less than 5 minutes anyway and they do sync for me. The suggestion of using wav helps many users. It may not help you.
Mega6 [Avatar]
[Post New]
The problem is with longer audio, not audio clips of 5 minutes duration or shorter. If say, you wanted to use a piece of classical music, which could be longer than 30 minutes, you would encounter syncing problems, regardless of whether or not you are using MP3 or WAV. I can speak to this because I have actually tried using both audio formats with longer audio tracks.
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi GarrettMClark,

Can you give some specific details of your project video and audio, and a snapshot of your timeline so that members can have a better idea of your exact issue?

As a generality, I know some folk have reported issues with timeline synching, but, for example, I did a 20 min poetry and music performance last year that had a reasonable amount of edits but needed to keep a continuous audio performance and I had no problems in relation to synching in either PD14 or 15. I have done much longer productions in the past but with earlier versions of PD, so that's of no real relevance.

Adrian. Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
[Post New]
It very well may be a format issue. It's been a while, but I do remember having to convert a mp3 to wav in order to solve a previous problem. Hopefully, that will be the case here, as as you can see, the duration of the audio clip used isn't very long. ">
[Thumb - Cyberlink 14.PNG]
 Filename
Cyberlink 14.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
223 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
21 time(s)
Intel i7-2670QM, 2GB AMD Radeon HD 7690M XT, 500GB 840EVO SSD, 8GB DDR3, Samsung S34E790C
[Post New]
Would this method of converting to wav suffice?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQOcYuyws4g Intel i7-2670QM, 2GB AMD Radeon HD 7690M XT, 500GB 840EVO SSD, 8GB DDR3, Samsung S34E790C