Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Not much help but thanks anyway. H.264 AVC works fine.
Greetings colleagues, I'm editing video for uploading to Youtube and when I produce in H.265 HEVC format in MP4 youtube says I'm using a nonsupported format. I'm now trying MP4 in H.264 AVC to see if that will work. What is the difference between MP4 files produced in these different formats? Any comments on the best production format to use for high quality youtube videos? Any thoughts on why H.265 doesn't work? TIA, g2
No worries, I just found it kind of amusing, given the high level of tech expertise <g>.
Boy you guys are big thread hijackers <g>
That was the same format I used Richmond Dan but with no success. I didn't try VLC player, just Windows media player and that Groove App that comes with Windows 10
Okay, since I'm on a roll here. In earlier versions of PD I used to produce movies in mp4 format and had no trouble playing them with windows media player. I've now updated my machines to windows 10 and I'm using PD 14 and when I produce a movie in HEVC mp4 it drops the video when played on either windows media viewer or the new Groove app. In both cases a note comes up and just the audio plays. What's up with that. I've tried other formats like AVC and finally got a viewable movie by going to avi format. How does one get a viewable mp4 movie in PD14 using a windows viewing app? Thanks again. I have to finish this project by tomorrow although I have the avi version as a back up. cheers, g2
Okay, got it, thanks for your help.
Sorry apparently I was unclear in my original post, although I think my question has been answered. I am importing 15 files into PD and then editing the individual files in PD. So I have 15 students who have made videos but when I want to show the composite movie I cut the student names out of the files in the composite. *I am not changing the names of the files themselves.* It seems if I don't finish the whole project and produce to mp4 format PD loses all of those edited files, because it goes back to the originals unedited files instead (actually many times it doesn't even do that even though they've been imported and are still in the same folder as the PD pds file). So if I can't complete a project and have edited files in it, it seems as if I have to save each edited file individually and keep them in the same folder as the pds file. If that's true it sucks. Why doesn't PD save my edited files when I save an edited pds movie? Am I wrong about this?
I have read several previous posts regarding the .pds file not saving source video files and I am not sure I understand how to ensure that files are saved when doing multiple edits on a video. Specifically, I give my students an assignment where they have to produce a karaoke video and then I strip the names from the videos to show a large composite video to the entire class. So I have a set of video files that I import into power director, then I put them into a video and edit/delete the names of say of some of the files. I then save the partially completed video as a .pds file, but when I open it later for further work the video source files have disappeared and the video is just composed of blank frames on the time line with an error message saying that source files can't be found. I understand that powerdirector is just establishing a link to the files on my storage medium (although it can't seem to find them unless they're in the same folder. But those are the original files with the student's names on them. Surely I don't have to individually edit each student video and resave without the name. Help me Obi Wan Kanobe.
Go to: