Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Phil and Steve - that's very clear. Thank you. I'm OK with the time limit of AVCHD on standard DVD in this case. However I didn't realize AVCHD could only be played on Blu-ray players. Which I do not have. Sounds like I need to get one if I want to watch my HD home video in HD.

I really appreciate the help guys.

-Kevin
I see what you mean. Didn't realize that's what would result; I wanted an HD DVD but didn't want Blu-ray.

I just checked and I did choose the AVCHD option in Create Disc-->2D Disc. My settings were AVCHD, Widescreen, H.264, HD 1920x1080/60i. Is that the equivalent of Blu-Ray? I didn't intend that...

What I wanted was an HD DVD, but not Blu-ray. Is AVCHD the same as Blu-ray?
Great Steve, thank you. So I downloaded that. I'm guessing I want to do Video Disc-->Burn DVD Folder. Which folder level do I use?

And what do you mean by BR disc? Maybe I did something unintentional...
So I pointed the burning process to a folder I created, C:\Output. Within that folder the process created a folder "My Video", and within that one a folder "BDMV". Inside BDMV there's a few folders and files - the files are index.bdmv and MovieObject.bdmv.

Which folder level do I burn to ensure this DVD can play in DVD players? I'd guess maybe the last level with a few folders and files?

Also can I use the built-in Windows 7 burn button, or will that not be a "playable" DVD?

EDIT: Just saw your edit Steve. I did buy PD11 Ultra but don't see a Power2Go program...
OK that makes sense. What is the advantage of using 3rd party software over PowerDirector's (apparent) built in function to burn direct to disc?
I'm sure this has been covered but couldn't find a helpful thread...

I'm a new user; playing around with PD11 Ultra. I put a movie together and used Create Disc to burn an AVCHD to an output file - not directly to DVD. Now I want to burn that output file to DVD. Is there a way to do this? I see a folder structure and I'm wondering if I can just burn the files to DVD...

I know I could just burn the movie directly to DVD without going to an output file first but I'm trying to understand how to work with these output files.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

-Kevin
Quote: Hi Kev

www.hpcwire.com/hpcwire/.../opencl_gains_ground_on_cuda.html

Patrick.

Patrick - that link didn't work; can you try again?

Is OpenCL standard on all NVIDIA cards? I haven't seen it listed on any spec sheets there, but have seen it on some Radeon's.

Thanks,
Kevin
So PD11 Ultra's specs list a ton of compatible GPU's. It recommends 1 GB RAM and Open CL, but nothing else specific. Which leads to the question:

Does the lack of mention of NVIDIA's CUDA cores or AMD's stream processors imply PD11 Ultra doesn't benefit from these?

Quote:
PS Ignore the arguments.

Yikes. That's not easy to do.

Sounds like some feel strongly that QuickSync does a better job, in rendering at least, than any low or mid range GPU. If I'm never going to play games, maybe I should save my money? Or does a discrete GPU help in other ways - the editing process for example?
All - looking for some quick advice on a GPU. I bought PD11 Ultra and currently don't have one but from reading the specs it sounds like I'd benefit. Here's my setup:

i5-2400 3.1 ghz
8 GB DDR3 1333 RAM
Intel Z68 with PCI Express 2.0 x16

Use: editing/creating HD video for friends & family (for example, working on my friend's son's baptism movie now)

When you look at Nvidia and AMD's websites and recommendations for editing HD video they say GeForce GTX 650 and Radeon HD 6670 (or higher) respectively. My budget is flexible up to $140 but are these cards worth the cost, or overkill? Will I notice a difference with something cheaper? If I can get comparable performance for $60 or $80, I prefer that.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
-Kevin
Quote: Hi Jsyens,
- Right click on the .mts file in your timeline.
- In the dropdown menu, choose… Unlink Video & Audio.
- Then click on a blank space in the timeline(s).
- Now click on (or highlight), just the upper “video” portion of your clip.

Does your PowerTools button now re-appear?
If so, we can then advise as to why the PowerTools and other editing buttons disappeared.

I'm having this same problem as the original poster, with my Power Tools and other editing buttons disappearing. Using the suggestions above, the buttons did re-appear. Can you advise as to why these editing buttons disappeared?

Thank you,
Kevin
Phil - what AMD card do you have in your laptop?

Would you guys say PowerDirector 10 definitely benefits from a dedicated GPU? I have an Intel i5 with onboard video and some have been suggesting a GPU doesn't improve performance for consumer-level software.

With PowerDirector, I know their tech specs list "supported" graphics cards, but in my mind "supported" is not necessarily the same as "recommended" or "you're way better off if you get one of these"
OK thanks Phil. Looks like lots of 1 GB GPU's out there so I've got plenty of options. Any thoughts on how beefy a processor, or number of cores I'd need on the video card?
All - Just getting started with a new build, and video editing. I put together the following machine: Intel i5 quad-core, 8 GB RAM, ASUS Z68 board, running Windows 7 64-bit. I want to give PowerDirector 10 a try but figured to be fair to it, I should buy my GPU first.

So I'm trying to decide on the right card without going way overboard; I'm not interested in gaming so I don't need the latest and greatest I'm sure. What should I look for in a GPU to get the most out of PowerDirector 10 on my machine? NVIDIA vs AMD? Chipset, on-board memory, etc?

I'll be working with AVCHD from my Canon camcorder mostly, and outputting some HD format for viewing on TV/monitor; maybe also burning to DVD but not blu-ray.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin
Go to: