Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
it's just one of those things that you need to be aware of - it can be frustrating, but once you know you're set for future projects
ok, that seems to have had some effect - I can now produce a video as long as it's only 1 clip long... if I add anything else to it, it won't produce (though it still works for as long as it would take to process normally)

that was just after de-installing the previous drivers though - so I'll try the full backtrack tomorrow.
hopefully I won't have to do that much - but I'll try if nothing else works
ok, I'll try cleaning it all out and starting from scratch.

I'm on XP-64bit though, not W7
it was a Radeon 512mb card that I replaced, so I don't think that particular issue should be a problem.

thanks though

It's the 64bit version I'm installing, would that affect the driver number so much?
I tried without previewing and it showed similarly to that...

but I checked the driver details and it says it's only 6.14.12.9573 - but it says the date of the file is 09/02/2012 so that's probably got something to do with it.

I'll have a rummage about and get back to you - thanks for the help so far.
For this test I put one jpg (tulips.jpg from the auto selection that appears) on the timeline and set it to process as mpeg2. The file output doesn't seem to matter, I've tried avi, mpeg1 and mp4.

I see it actually says 'rendering' and not video encoding... (bottom right corner), that box didn't appear before changing the video card and as you can see, there's no preview.
The problem is in what the customer was expecting to pay. It's best to give an estimate up front, but you'll know that for next time.

For the sake of future business, I might cut my losses and go for about 12.
it depends on the amount of edits and clips that you're sorting. Some people might make quick imprecise cuts, but if you've spent the time to make it perfect then that will take a fair bit longer.

I recently spent about 15 hours on a 90 second video (lots of overlays, pips etc.
hmm, I don't know what shadow files are... I tried producing just with a few jpgs and that didn't work either.

The length of the produced video is correct, but there's just black screen.
I did get the latest drivers (released last week) - and everything else seems to be working fine

I just bought a Geforce GTS 450, but now when I try to produce a video (in any format) the result is just a black screen (there's also no preview shown as there should be when processing). I've tried Movie Maker to compare and that's working fine.

One thing I noticed about the processing sequence is that it's different from how it was before. With the old card it would go through each frame, but with this new one it gets to each clip and then has a small box saying "encoding video". I'm sure that's probably meant to be a good thing, but it's not working at all for me.

If there are any suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them

Go to: