Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I did more reading into POWERDVD and its problems. The way to get rid of corrupt display is by disabling the DRM through ANYDVDHD.

However, this does not fix jerkyness.
In PowerDVD 2012 I do not get glitches in Blueray video.

In PowerDVD 2013 I get glitches.
I have display corruption with pixels and green and flickering problems with PowerDVD and BluRay.

So far with tests It happens at the exact same spot every time on the BluRay.
Is there any tips for this?
I have upgraded to 13.4 drivers and i have returned to normal hz instead of auto changing.

I thought it was cured but it happened again.

Yes when i mean jittery or shakey it means that when the camera is supposed to be still it shakes on the screen a bit like for a few seconds.

The way i am circumventing this problem is by "restarting" the whole system.

Then it goes back to normal and no glitches. unsmooth playback.

I never experienced this with PowerDvd 12.
Video seems to "glitch" with Radeon 7970 in PowerDVD 2013 with Catalyst 13.1
I am now updating to Catalyst 13.4

Did not glitch in PowerDVD 2012.

It is a special scenario though.

I am playing the Blue=Ray version of Caprica.
It is a French output HD which is dissimilar to 60hz.

PowerDVD 2013 asked me if I wanted my frequency to change automatically.
I do not know how to revert this decision.
I want to disable powerDvD's ability to change frequency automatically as that may be the issue.
I dont know how hard it is to program for youtube.

I almost want to go to school and become a programmer and fix bugs in software just because bugs are annoying.
I'd like to remove annoyances for a living. In theory it sounds great.

I find myself in my current job sitting in front of a computer all day anyways.

BUT yea I can see that the Youtube site probably keeps changing its code and its not a major feature of PowerDvD... so I can see thier side of the idea. However, bugs and software glitches are things I do expect from free software........lol

I was expecting too much perfection when it came to PowerDvd.
There are good things about PowerDvD. I have not come across any hardware issues.

That is actually sad!

I bought the New Upgrade to PowerDVD 13 because it had better Tru-theator mode settings and Honestly it was kindof a waste.

I was cycling back n forth between PowerDVD 12/13 could not see a visual difference lol

I'll know it for next time though.

It is true that I do not see a difference between hardware encoding and Tru-theator now...
When I enable Hardware acceleration does that actually mean "true-theater" is disabled?

My option says

TrueTheater/Hardware Decoding

Is it possible to have Hardware decoding and True Theater at the same time?

Radeon 7970
There is a problem when I upgraded Media Expresso.

It came with PowerDVD 13 ultra upgrade and the problem is I tried to launch Media Expresso 6.7 and it wanted to uninstall the old version of media expresso and so it tried.

The problem is however, I do not believe it did a proper install or uninstall of media expresso.

I cannot find the uninstall in the Add Remove Programs in control panel.

I cannot run the installer anymore as it says an "error reading setup initialization file"

I have tried to download the installer again and it did not work.

It keeps detecting old version. If I would have known I would have manually uninstalled the old version. I thought I was getting an upgrade from 12 Ultra but I guess it was just a fresh install.

Is there a way to manually uninstall it through regedit, file deletion.
I don't know where all the keys are.
yes it works... so far the patch is good
Here is my youtube link

http://youtu.be/2_X2qyiBhMU

Like i said just spooling. It does not blink when i see it on my secreen but only in the video that is being recorded.

I hope they also fix the fact that 1080p is avaliable in the browser but not avaliable in power dvd

however i do believe i get a better image quality from powerdvd out of youtube when it was working and 1080p is selected.
all moot if it doesnt work lol.
when i try to play powerdvd youtube videos

i click it then it goes back to regular screen of choosing videos.

if i do this enough times it will send an error report to cyberlink.

edit:
basically youtube crashes back to the screen where your supposed to click on the video you want to play.

the spooling image shows. and if i keep trying it kills Powerdvd and sends a report to cyberlink...

i just updated my drivers to Catalyst 12.11 beta 11.... from 12.10 no hope yet.
That guy has Nvidia... I've got AMD 7970
Im in windows 7

but yea i cant play any youtubes.
Is anyone else having problems with playing youtube in Powerdvd.

My youtube always crashes when i try to play with powerdvd.
I found software that claims to unlock all regions.

ANYDVD HD Slysoft.
More expensive than PowerDVD but you get unlimited lifetime updates. It claims to allow region free playback in PowerDVD.
I ordered my Blueray from France... Will purchase the AnyDVD HD software. test this stuff out.

Yea... i have nothing but negative feelings towards my PowerDvd Purchase. I think its linked to how expensive it was and the little minor features that i notice are lacking. Like how often am I gonna buy a Blu-Ray from France lol... its a minor feature but would be really cool if it was included.

I'll try to think of the Pro's of running Videos through a computer and not to think of the running talley of money i am spending... lol

Its got pretty good image quality with combination of Video card Features. (egedetect and all those quality settings on the control panel, very good for dvds with trying to upscale it at the 1080p resolution)

thanks for the article. I know exactly what type of regular BluRay Player i would buy for someone as a gift... something multi-region.
BUT I'll stick with this computer stuff.

Hello,

I want to purchase a Blu-ray from France.

The Bluray Playback is Region B (locked).
They do not offer an American version of Caprica on Bluray.

NOW my question is...

Is this expensive program called Powerdvd 12 that i bought capable of playing this without changing my region code for my hardware?

as I am limited to changing my code to hardware in number of times I can change it.
(also why do they stinking do this? limit it pfft?)

However any insight will be good as it will effect whether or not I purchase this(blue ray) item (or talk highly of PowerDVD too).
I went with PowerDVD because it was usually rated one of the best.

Upon actually owning the software. Theres no way this is worth 100 dollars.
Is it me or does Windows Media Player 12 have better mp3 playback than the 100 dollar PowerDVD 12 Ultra?

I just purchased PowerDVD 12 Ultra... and well i know i didnt purchase it for MP3 playback but truthfully WMP 12 has better sound with mp3 playback certianly as its really got to do with the SRS wow effects.

I do have TrueTheater Surround enabled... then i started wondering is my sound card compatible??? i click on the link and it does not take me to any list of compatible soundcards.

I havent compared DVD audio between WMP12 and PowerDVD... but im sure if SRS is the difference.... it would be the same.
Go to: