Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
You guys rock... you are so helpful, thank you so much to all of you for your kind help!!!

Bryan
OK thanks so much, I think I like the trim function simply because I might cut too much out, or something that I want back in later...

One more question, is there a way to hear the track in slow motion? What I mean is when you are trying to edit to a really close frame area, you are playing the track at full speed to hear it.. then you have to be quick on the trigger to stop it and cut... if I could play it in slow motion or use a toggle to do that and hear it, I would be able to do this more accurately, can you do that?

Thanks again!
Please don't get mad at the newbie! I could not be sure I am doing this properly.

Say you have a video clip, 3 minutes long. It is an interview and you bring it into PD.

Now you begin to edit it, specifically take out the parts of the 3 minutes that aren't relevant so you end up with the 1 minute that you want to keep.

What I am doing is letting it play, stopping it as close to the place in the clip I want to cut, splitting the clip, then cutting that part out, which leaves me with 2 clips... I keep doing this until I end up with many smaller clips....

Is this the right way to do this? Once I cut out the parts I don't want, they are gone... is that bad? Or is there a better way to do this, to mark it or is that what keyframes are for? If anyone can assit me or let me know if there is a video tutorial on this, I really appreciate it.

Everyone in this forum is really helpful!! Thanks.

Bryan Bloom
Thank you so much to both of you!!!! Awesome assistance and I am now using Paint.net and making title bars...

But the one thing I cannot figure out how to do, is to actually make similar samples to the video you provided me Tony.

What I mean is how do you actually take a long rectangular bar and make it look animated? How do you do that thing where you took the logo and made it turn around and look 3D, and how did you wrap your logo around the ball?

Are there videos on how to do that or perhaps a sample on director zone I can download? Thanks again so much I really really appreciate it!

Bryan
I am trying to figure out how to use PD to make custom titles... modified color boards are one way, but take a look at this image as an example... notice that the rectangle behind the text is a graphic that is more transparent towards the edges... how do you do that in PD? Also how do you put the text on top of it? The video that this is in is http://youtu.be/SFz9Oks1h50 and is at 15 seconds in....

The next one that I really want to learn how to do is the custom title and graphis in the title in this video http://youtu.be/uhRG7cjyUwk at 4 seconds in....

How do you do that sort of thing in PD? Thanks so much for any suggestions.

I have attached images of the 2 videos with titles I was talking about.

Bryan Bloom
Go to: