Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Just had another thought.

Open task manager. Go to Processes.
Right click on PD10
Change the Priority to High.

This would give precedence to the rendering process over any other computer activity.

Wow. You have a doozy of an issue.

I see that others online have had a similar problem.
On another site a person fixed it by changing the fps rate.

I can't think of anything else. But if you try a lower fps rendering rate this might fix it. You have covered just about all the bases and then some.

Rob1492

Do you lower the write speed of the DVD?

But you sure seem to have covered a lot of the other possibilities. You have gone above and beyond in that area.
Jim has a good point I didn't think of.

I have a 64x system and have 8gb or Ram. Looking at my processes shows I'm usually using 4gb just idling with Firefox and Thunderbird running. Nothing else. Jim's right, your at the threshold and as soon as something kicks in your computer will cause a blip. Hopefully a lower write speed as he suggests will do it until you get more ram.

I get a 404 error that the example page cannot be found.

As a partial nerd, I wonder if there is some program running in the background that starts up and causes the blip. Could be a download for anti-virus definitions for your security program. Real player checking for updates. Same for Java or similar program. Your not surfing the web when it happens are you? A new page upload causing memory use. What about your email program requesting new messages every so often whenever it is configured to request new messages?

From what I understand there doesn't seem to be a lot of discernible difference between the viewing formats of h.264 and Mp4. Why would one prefer one format over the other?
I am looking for an appropriate graphics card. Until then I should be able to get by without it as all I really need is HD MP4 format for DVD creation of my personal movies.

So far this thread has been very helpful and my thanks to all who have contributed.
Well, I ordered Power Director 10 Ultra so I'll have it in a few days. Looking forward to it as it seems to have a lot of different features than Pinnacle. Obviously there will be a lot of learning to do because it seems that this program can be used by a professional as well as the amateur.

My friend has a GoPro and I loved the videos he made from our ATV trips. My avatar is of me standing by Lunar crater in the middle of Nevada.

Quick question. Do I uninstall the trial version before installing my purchased version? Or do I just install it over the top of the trial?
I'm just enough nerd to be dangerous. So let me recap and you can tell me if I've gone wrong.

When I get the full (non-trial) version of Power Director 10 all restrictions go out the window. I can use my system as setup, without a graphics card, and output HD, MTS, H.264 or whatever other format I choose.

Mike,
I have the i7 so I expect it will do a good job.

So, it seems that the reason I am unable to make an HD movie is because this is the trial version. I was under the impression that it was almost full featured but caused a watermark.

After only playing with it for one day, I am impressed and will start shopping around for a good price on it.

Thanks
Jim,
Thanks but the Bios is updated to the latest version. I cannot update or install a driver for Nvidia or ATI because I do not have a Nvidia or ATI graphics card installed on my computer. The graphics is built into the motherboard. I can make movies just fine using Pinnacle Studio. However I have to upgrade Pinnacle to use MTS files and make HD movies. And I am not completely happy with Pinnacle. So therefore I am trying Power Director. But it will not let me make an HD movie to try it out. Even one with the watermark logo in it just to try it.
Unfortunately it doesn't say this option is unavailable in the trial version so it is confusing. All that happens is a text box pops up saying:

Trying to attach a jpg here.
It will not let me create a movie even without the Hardware Video Encoder option checked.
I'm likely to buy PowerDirector 10.
Using Win7 x64 with video built into the motherboard an Asus P8Z68V.

I am unable to render a trial video to mp4 or H.264.
It will not let me select Fast Video rendering technology or Hardware video encoder and says I need to check if my video card supports the format.

Are these features unavailable because I am using the trial version?
Do I have to buy a video card to use Power Director and convert to mp4 or any other format?
Eventually I will get a video card, what cards are recommended?

Thank you
Go to: