Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I have been using P/D (Version 11) with a Canon Vixia HV30. Video is captured from a mini-DV tape using a Firewire connection. The camera is getting old, so I am considering getting a newer one. The current line Canons use flash memory and/or a hard drive (no tape), and do not have a Firewire connection. Does "Capture" work the same way, except using USB?
Thanks very much, Kevin. That did it!
Joe Abbott
Fascinating - especially the "smart-alec" answers from Mr. Morgan, who is clearly the resident expert. But I wonder, how were we supposed to know all this? I tried the trial version of PD11 to solve a problem I'd had with PD9 & 10 (audio/video sync), and wondrously it finally worked! So I ordered the full version, but hadn't used it until today. Sure enough, I got the rendering problem as described. Now, I haven't changed any drivers, but perhaps Windows automatic update system did it for me. In other words, the trial version I used in September worked without any rendering issue, and now in December it suddenly pops up. And this is the users fault for not knowing better than to let the system do automatic updates? So in any event I should regress to an older nvidia driver, right? "As you said". Sorry, but at my age of 80 I lack patience for all these snarky "teen-age" responses.
Joseph Abbott - California
That's quite fascinating. One might think that the PD developers could come up with some explanation!
Nudge.

Using Power Director 9, I capture a file from an HD video camera, then preview it & burn to disc. I skip the "Produce" phase, and do no editing. In the preview all is well, but when I burn to a DVD and play it back, the audio ends about 3 seconds before the video on a 58 minute clip. I'm wondering if there's a problem with the DVD burner driver? The same thing happens whether burning a standard DVD or a Blu-Ray, and with either of the 2 burners I have installed. Is this a Power Director problem?
Note: When I burn to a folder rather than a dvd, the same problem occurs in the resulting movie. Aspects of this problem seem to have been around for a while, considering posts from Tom Sexton and Dbl10s. Has anyone nailed this down?

HP Pavilion h8-1200z; Windows 7 Home Premium. No error message, no mods.
Go to: