Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio/video out of sync
JoeyA [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 01, 2012 17:20 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]

Using Power Director 9, I capture a file from an HD video camera, then preview it & burn to disc. I skip the "Produce" phase, and do no editing. In the preview all is well, but when I burn to a DVD and play it back, the audio ends about 3 seconds before the video on a 58 minute clip. I'm wondering if there's a problem with the DVD burner driver? The same thing happens whether burning a standard DVD or a Blu-Ray, and with either of the 2 burners I have installed. Is this a Power Director problem?
Note: When I burn to a folder rather than a dvd, the same problem occurs in the resulting movie. Aspects of this problem seem to have been around for a while, considering posts from Tom Sexton and Dbl10s. Has anyone nailed this down?

HP Pavilion h8-1200z; Windows 7 Home Premium. No error message, no mods.
JoeyA [Avatar]
[Post New]
Nudge.
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Try posting this in the PD9 forum.

I have the reverse problem: my captures are out of synch in the preview, but the produced/burnt versions are fine. You're right, this and similar issues have been kicking for awhile. Jerry Schwartz
JoeyA [Avatar]
[Post New]
That's quite fascinating. One might think that the PD developers could come up with some explanation!