Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I must be missing something here, because when I create my own template I don't even see an option to add more buttons to the template. While it may be a simple, straightforward process, PD8 is not very intuitive for what would seem to be a very basic feature.
I cannot figure out how to add more thumbnail buttons in Create Disc. I have an 11-minute production with Chapters set every 1 minute - so I have 11 chapters.

When I go to Create Disc and build my menus, I have checked the Thumbnail box and the Buttons Per Menu drop-down only gives me "1". It doesn't allow me to select or add any additional buttons. I've tried going to the other sub-menus to add, but I can't add any more. So I have a menu production of 11 screens - 1 root menu and then 11 subsequent pages of 1 thumbnail on each page.

I would like to have 3 - 4 buttons per page. However, the User Guide provides no clarification on what I might be doing wrong here. I apologize if I have missed a very basic step, but this was a much simpler process in PD5.
I recently upgraded from PD5 to PD8 based on the prospects of improved DVD menu creation options. However, I am somewhat disappointed in what PD8 offers. While it is an improvement over PD5, the menu creation process is very unintuitive. It is very difficult to follow and very quirky.

And, to make the situation worse, as I am trying to navigate through the process to create a nice, but simple menu for my DVD production, the system crashes fairly often. I've employed the "save as" option, but it is still very frustrating.

I am willing to spend a few extra dollars to alleviate the frustrations with the PD8 Create Disc module, so I was wondering if someone could give me some insight on PowerProducer 5. Is this program an easier program to use? Or is there a better Cyberlink product that can make this process more straightforward? Can I import PD8 project files into PP5 and author my DVD discs from there?
Barry,
You were absolutely correct. It is the Firewire driver. I got an updated Firewire driver - apparently the driver supplied with the Windows 7 (x64) OS wasn't adequate. After I updated the driver, it fixed the problem.

Thanks for the assistance.

By the way, for others who are experiencing this same issue, I got an updated driver from the following link:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericSoftwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&softwareitem=ob-74849-1&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

Try downloading this driver from the HP website.
Can someone recommend an HD Camcorder (miniDV) to use with PowerDirector 8?

I just upgraded to a new PC with Windows 7 and upgraded to PowerDirector 8 (previous version was PD5). With this new upgrade, I cannot import HD video from my Sony HDR-HC7 (miniDV, 1080i) within PowerDirector 8. I can import DV video in PD8, although it transfers in a distorted 4:3 ratio, when the actual video is shot in 16:9. Right now, my only real solution is using the Windows Live option to import DV (not HDV) and then pull the files over into PD8, which is inconvenient.

When trying to capture the HDV, I keep getting the following error message:
"You cannot use the capture function because the i.Link mode on the HDV device is not identical to the recorded format on the tape. Check the tape status or make sure the content of the tape is in an HDV format and then reconnect the i.Link again".

I've tried all the setting combinations on the camera to no avail. So, I'm thinking that I just need to upgrade my video camera now as well. I would be interested in any potential solutions for using my current video camera or recommendations for a new video camera that would work well with PD8.
Go to: