Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Increasing Buttons Per Page in Create Disc
JasonLee [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 11, 2007 22:36 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I cannot figure out how to add more thumbnail buttons in Create Disc. I have an 11-minute production with Chapters set every 1 minute - so I have 11 chapters.

When I go to Create Disc and build my menus, I have checked the Thumbnail box and the Buttons Per Menu drop-down only gives me "1". It doesn't allow me to select or add any additional buttons. I've tried going to the other sub-menus to add, but I can't add any more. So I have a menu production of 11 screens - 1 root menu and then 11 subsequent pages of 1 thumbnail on each page.

I would like to have 3 - 4 buttons per page. However, the User Guide provides no clarification on what I might be doing wrong here. I apologize if I have missed a very basic step, but this was a much simpler process in PD5. Jason
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I believe it depends, in part, on the template. Some do only have one button available, unless I have missed something, too. You may be able to make a custom template with more, but I haven't tried that, yet. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Branxholme [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 26, 2009 11:26 Messages: 46 Offline
[Post New]
I have not seen any template with more than 4 buttons. As Jaime says you could create a new template and add extra buttons as you desire with the 'add button' feature so ending up with maybe 4-6 buttons per subpage. ...remember to click 'Apply to all Pages'
JasonLee [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 11, 2007 22:36 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I must be missing something here, because when I create my own template I don't even see an option to add more buttons to the template. While it may be a simple, straightforward process, PD8 is not very intuitive for what would seem to be a very basic feature. Jason
Branxholme [Avatar]
[Post New]
when you are in the modify template screen it has an option to 'add button' on the top line along with 'add image' etc' It will be labelled 'item' and then when you use it in your project you will have all the 'items' with chapter names replacing 'item'
Alistair
Branislav 2 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 21, 2010 15:46 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, you can add as many as you wish "Items" (= thumbnails) on page, but..!
But when you start to render, you will see error message about overlapping "items". So, if you've lose hour or two to create nice menu, it's your problem. Next, you have to guess where are the boundaries of "items", if you want to avoid overlapping. One more hour, and - voila! You have a new nice menu, and no overlapping "items".
Again start rendering, wait 3-5 minutes, and... new error message: "maximum number of items is 4"!?!
So, after a few hours of practicing, you KNOW that maximum number of thumbnails on page is FOUR.

Is it so hard to add ONE sentence in user documentation about "items" limitations???

"Menu Designer" is the weakest component in PD8!
Branxholme [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well done Branislav. Some very good detective work done.
Will also probably save me those hours in menu designer that you mentioned would go to waste. Thanks
Alistair