Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Create Disc Issues. Is PowerProducer A Better Option?
JasonLee [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 11, 2007 22:36 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I recently upgraded from PD5 to PD8 based on the prospects of improved DVD menu creation options. However, I am somewhat disappointed in what PD8 offers. While it is an improvement over PD5, the menu creation process is very unintuitive. It is very difficult to follow and very quirky.

And, to make the situation worse, as I am trying to navigate through the process to create a nice, but simple menu for my DVD production, the system crashes fairly often. I've employed the "save as" option, but it is still very frustrating.

I am willing to spend a few extra dollars to alleviate the frustrations with the PD8 Create Disc module, so I was wondering if someone could give me some insight on PowerProducer 5. Is this program an easier program to use? Or is there a better Cyberlink product that can make this process more straightforward? Can I import PD8 project files into PP5 and author my DVD discs from there? Jason
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
First, if the create disc mode is crashing you have other problems that may need your attention. Just switching programs may not solve it. I have only dabbled with Power Producer, but it seems to work similar to a wizard, so you may find it easier to use. It has a few more options since it is designed specifically for producing discs. For basic discs you may be better off finding what is wrong with PowerDirector, but if PowerProducer has a trial, then give it a shot.

some on here use it more than I do, so they will be able to guide you in the right direction. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM