Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I use computer on the start menu. I was able to figure out how to copy the file in Powr dirctr anyway. I still wasn't able to smoothly edit the audio though
How do i use windows to copy the audio file? I don't follow what you are saying. There is a copy option in Power Dirc. 9 right clicking but it doesn't do anything as far as I can see.

There must be a way to copy audio files in Pwr Dirc. 9 and paste them to other tracks.....
Question: How can I copy an audio track so i have 2 tracks of the Same file?

But let me explain what I'm trying to do first: I want to cut out part of the audio (a 5 second spot where the narrator stutters a line) then paste the audio track back together but keep the sync with the video; (time stretching?) I cannot find how to do this so I decided to try and duplicate the track and trim one audio track to end at the point I want to punch out and the second audio track will punch in to where I need and I would just sync this track to the video... how do I copy tracks?

Any suggestions on any of this?

thanks, `Rich
Yes I got it. Thanks for all the help guys! Wow This was my very first video with Powereditor 9 Ultra I love this program!

HERE IS THE FINAL PRODUCT!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfIj6FNxKn4
Yes I figured it all out now... hehehe

thanks!!!!!!!
Hmmm .pds file. Can not upload this to youtube etc. Does anoyone know how to convert the file? Thanks!
Hi jerrys, Yes you understood me correctly. But gee, I would have imagined they would have made a much easier way to do a common task on powrDircter.

I think I followed what you said, I'll have to try and let you know.

one thing though, not sure where you mean by the Edit->Preferences window?
Hi, ok I did figure out how to add tracks in between tracks. But the issue I have remains;

How to keep all the tracks all cued with their fade in out positions after the new track is added. Example: I have 10 tracks. Ok, now say I add a track between track 3 and 4, ok now lets say track 6 is 1 min long and the new track I just added in above it is 5 mins long. This 5 min. long track extends far beyond the 1 min track (track 6) just below it and there for I have to shift all the tracks from 6-10 to the right to re-situate the fade in fade out positions.Is there a way around having to do all of this work? I hope I'm making sense in what I'm trying to describe here. :
Hey guys, well I am editing my video, it's coming along great but I ran into one issue:

Say I have 10 clips on track 1-10 with all the fades set from tcak to track etc. and now on I decide I want to add a clip between 3 and 4 for example... how can I do this without messing up the fades and track positioning of all my other tracks?? I'm sure there is a way without having to move every track down a step. Right?

Thanks,

~Rich
Hi Jerry, wow thnks for the info! I think I got it. :

I have another issue maybe you or someone can help with. I am shooting a music video. My first time behind the camera actually. In order to have high quality audio, there will be a backing track playing that was recorded on my DAW (Cubase) in my PC. The lead guitar will be what is shot live in the video but the audio from the lead guitar will also go directly to be recorded in Cubase on my PC. So the audio from the camera will not be used at all. The 2 audio tracks will be completely seperate from the video.

How do I then combine the backing music track with the new lead guitar track with the video that was just shot into powerdirector? And is there syncing video to audio issues I need to be aware of?
Hi Hal,

Is there a way to be able to change the amount of transparency in a clip so when the two clips are played back the second overlaying clip will kinda fade in and out over the background clip?

Sorta like automation on a recording console in a studio; you can fade an audio track in and out within a song then set the automation to remember the fades so when you play the tracks back it happens automatically just as you did it the first time. Can PowerEditor do something like that? :
All good Dafydd. I appeciate how helpful you guys gave been!!!

~Rich
Yes I did the black fade between two clips and it came out good. I'd like to also fade from one clip to another using transparency, like what you had seen in the video clip example I posted.. Have you done this?
Do you use Powerdirector for commercial use sports clips?

I've done a few clips with fading black to another scene... can i fade from one scene into another and control how long the fade takes like with black fade? If so would you mind explaining to me how to do this?
Awesome thank you so much for that info! Do you run into any issues with syncing the two videos so the music matches time with both videos, like for music video production? This can be done with photos also using Powerdirctor correct?
Re-installed and works!

Ok, now I have some REAL questions... when asked; "Would you like to merge your project's media library files with the current media files in your library?" What does this mean exactly?

And can anyone tell me how to "superimpose" (if that is the correct terminology of this effect) two scenes in Powdirectr Ultra 9?

Here is an example of what I'm trying to do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwrYMWoqg5w
I tried opening the WaveEditor from start menu and same issue. I suppose I'll try to re install it all.
It's PowerDirector 9 Ultra that I have
Hi, I did not re-install yet, wanted to try and avoid doing that if I could, but I will try that. I contacted the support by e-mail and they sent me a rediculous long list of steps to perform. Not having it. The system crashes often too. I'm not sure what's going on.
It worked for about 2 weeks after being uploaded from disk, so I doubt it was the disk.
Go to: