Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Waveditor loads but doesn't work
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Absolutely.

Look carefully at your second (upper layer) clip, and you'll see there's a horizontal line in it. I you put your mouse over that line, you can drag it up and down. That changes the transparency of the entire clip.

If you want more dynamic effects, put the scrubber somewhere inside the clip and click on the "keyframe" button. That will open a window in which you can muck with all kinds of things: transparency, color balance, and so on. The keyframes show up as little balls on that horizontal line, and you can drag them around to change your results.

If you want to get fancier, though, you'll need to work in the keyframe window. You'll notice that there are three categories: Fix/Enhance, Effect, and Clip Attributes. Next to each one will be one or more bands. Each band corresponds to a set of keyframes that will affect the adjustments on the left.

In the "Fix/Enhance" category, there is one band (set of keyframes) for each adjustment.

In the "Effect" category, the number of bands depends upon the number of effects you are using and the number of adjustments each effect allows.

In the "Clip Attributes" there's only one band of keyframes, shared by all of the adjustments.

If the clip has audio, you can adjust its volume in this window. You can also do this directly in the timeline, but this way makes it easier to coordinate what you're doing in the audio and video.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 11. 2012 22:23

Jerry Schwartz
Rich67 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 28, 2011 22:51 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jerry, wow thnks for the info! I think I got it. :

I have another issue maybe you or someone can help with. I am shooting a music video. My first time behind the camera actually. In order to have high quality audio, there will be a backing track playing that was recorded on my DAW (Cubase) in my PC. The lead guitar will be what is shot live in the video but the audio from the lead guitar will also go directly to be recorded in Cubase on my PC. So the audio from the camera will not be used at all. The 2 audio tracks will be completely seperate from the video.

How do I then combine the backing music track with the new lead guitar track with the video that was just shot into powerdirector? And is there syncing video to audio issues I need to be aware of?
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I have another issue maybe you or someone can help with. I am shooting a music video. My first time behind the camera actually. In order to have high quality audio, there will be a backing track playing that was recorded on my DAW (Cubase) in my PC. The lead guitar will be what is shot live in the video but the audio from the lead guitar will also go directly to be recorded in Cubase on my PC. So the audio from the camera will not be used at all. The 2 audio tracks will be completely seperate from the video.

How do I then combine the backing music track with the new lead guitar track with the video that was just shot into powerdirector? And is there syncing video to audio issues I need to be aware of?

There is a thread on this exact subject at http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21031.page. Jerry Schwartz
Rich67 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hey guys, well I am editing my video, it's coming along great but I ran into one issue:

Say I have 10 clips on track 1-10 with all the fades set from tcak to track etc. and now on I decide I want to add a clip between 3 and 4 for example... how can I do this without messing up the fades and track positioning of all my other tracks?? I'm sure there is a way without having to move every track down a step. Right?

Thanks,

~Rich

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 14. 2012 22:32

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hey guys, well I am editing my video, it's coming along great but I ran into one issue:

Say I have 10 clips on track 1-10 with all the fades set from tcak to track etc. and now on I decide I want to add a clip between 3 and 4 for example... how can I do this without messing up the fades and track positioning of all my other tracks?? I'm sure there is a way without having to move every track down a step. Right?

Thanks,

~Rich

Save your project As another name before making any changes.

In Track Manager:
Why not add a track above Track 4. That would put a track between your current TR3 and TR4.
The tracks below Track 3 should move down one track level automatically.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Rich67 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, ok I did figure out how to add tracks in between tracks. But the issue I have remains;

How to keep all the tracks all cued with their fade in out positions after the new track is added. Example: I have 10 tracks. Ok, now say I add a track between track 3 and 4, ok now lets say track 6 is 1 min long and the new track I just added in above it is 5 mins long. This 5 min. long track extends far beyond the 1 min track (track 6) just below it and there for I have to shift all the tracks from 6-10 to the right to re-situate the fade in fade out positions.Is there a way around having to do all of this work? I hope I'm making sense in what I'm trying to describe here. :
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi, ok I did figure out how to add tracks in between tracks. But the issue I have remains;

How to keep all the tracks all cued with their fade in out positions after the new track is added. Example: I have 10 tracks. Ok, now say I add a track between track 3 and 4, ok now lets say track 6 is 1 min long and the new track I just added in above it is 5 mins long. This 5 min. long track extends far beyond the 1 min track (track 6) just below it and there for I have to shift all the tracks from 6-10 to the right to re-situate the fade in fade out positions.Is there a way around having to do all of this work? I hope I'm making sense in what I'm trying to describe here. :

As long as you save the project file in its current condition, and give this project a unique name, you can recall the current condition.

Did the tracks not stay in postion when you added the track in between?

All of your previous positions should be just the way you arranged them before you added the new track.

OK, you do know that you can lock the individual tracks where the content on them does not move, you also can not edit a locked track.

I do not know what you are trying to do.

If all of the other tracks are each locked, you can edit the added track without disturbing the other tracks.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

jerrys
[Post New]
Quote: Hi, ok I did figure out how to add tracks in between tracks. But the issue I have remains;

I might understand what you want to do. I think you want to insert a track, add a clip to it, and have only the tracks below slide over by the length of the clip you put on the new track. Is that correct?

If I do understand, I have a trick that should work in this special case:

• Insert your new track.
  • Go into the Edit->Preferences window.
  • Select "Editing" on the left, and make sure that the "Link all tracks..." option is selected.
  • Go back to the timeline.
  • Insert your new clip at the start of Track 1.
  • Go back into the Edit->Preferences window and deselect the "Link all tracks... option.
  • Go back to the timeline and drag that new clip down to your new track. That should leave a gap at the beginning of Track 1, but nothing on the other tracks should have moved.
  • Group all of the clips on all of the tracks above the new one.
  • Slide the clip(s) on Track 1 back to where it belongs; all of the grouped clips should move together.
  • Slide the new click to where you want it to be, and add your fade to it.

• Let me know if it works.
    Jerry Schwartz
    Rich67 [Avatar]
    [Post New]
    Hi jerrys, Yes you understood me correctly. But gee, I would have imagined they would have made a much easier way to do a common task on powrDircter.

I think I followed what you said, I'll have to try and let you know.

one thing though, not sure where you mean by the Edit->Preferences window?
    Rich67 [Avatar]
    [Post New]
    Hmmm .pds file. Can not upload this to youtube etc. Does anoyone know how to convert the file? Thanks!
    HalCon
    Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
    [Post New]
    Quote: Hmmm .pds file. Can not upload this to youtube etc. Does anoyone know how to convert the file? Thanks!

Rich,

The ".pds" file is the project file. It is not a video file, it is basically a text file that contains the name and location of the media in the project. It also has the instructins of the edits that you have made to the media.

In order to upload to youtube you will have to 'Produce' the project to a format suitable for upload to Youtube. Then upload the resulting file.

Hal OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
    My YouTube
    Rich67 [Avatar]
    [Post New]
    Yes I figured it all out now... hehehe

thanks!!!!!!!
    jerrys
    [Post New]
    Quote: one thing though, not sure where you mean by the Edit->Preferences window?

Did you figure that out? "Edit" is one of the commands across the top left, and "Preferences" is one of the choices below that. Jerry Schwartz
    Rich67 [Avatar]
    [Post New]
    Yes I got it. Thanks for all the help guys! Wow This was my very first video with Powereditor 9 Ultra I love this program!

HERE IS THE FINAL PRODUCT!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfIj6FNxKn4